- Actor-turned-politician Kamal Hassan's 'Makkal Needhi Maiam' will be divided into eight zones for easy and efficient administration
- As per sources, the newly apppointed Zonal in charges will be those who hail from the zone.
Actor-turned-politician Kamal Hassan's 'Makkal Needhi Maiam' will be divided into eight zones for easy and efficient administration. The zones namely Chennai, Kanchipuram, Salem, Villupuram, Coimbatore Trichy, Madurai, and Thirunelveli. As per sources, the newly apppointed Zonal in charges will be those who hail from the zone. In a statement released by the party, the actor-turned-politician wrote, "I am confident that the newly appointed General secretaries shall work towards making our vision a reality and contribute towards a better Thamizh Nadu".
READ: J&K's Article 370 Scrapped: Kamal Haasan's MNM Attacks Modi Government, Calls It 'regressive And Autocratic'
In another statement, it was revealed that the party members want a bigger success in the 2021 Tamil Nadu state Assembly elections, given that during recent elections, ''Makkal Needhi Maiam' contested the recent elections when it was just 14 months old. A plan of action has also been set-up which includes
- Expand the party structure to an extent where each and every voter of Thamizh Nadu is in direct contact with Makkal Needhi Maiam party functionaries.
- The party shall now have one Vice President, 6 General Secretaries, and 1 treasurer function under the President.
- To bolster the part organization activities and to take the party to every nook and corner of Thamizh Nadu, there shall be two General secretaries for Party organization
- To boost the party's electoral prospects in 2021, there shall be one General Secretary Coordination to further strengthen the party at the booth level in all constituencies across Thamizh Naidu
Below are the General Secretaries:
- General Secretary, Coordination: Mr. A. Arunachalam
- General Secretary, Party Structure (North and East): Mr.A.G.Maurya I.P.S (Rtd)
- General Party Structure (South and West): Under the direct supervision of the President's Office
- General Secretary, Propaganda: Mr. R. Rangaranjan ex-I.A.S
- General Secretary, Frontals: Ms. V. Umadevi B.Sc
- General Secretary, President's Office: Mr. Basheer Ahamed I.A.S (Rtd)
READ: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth Also Backs Suriya Over Language Debate From National Education Policy Draft, Says 'Modi Has Heard Him'