MASSIVE: J&K Government Withdraws Security Cover Of Five Separatist Leaders. Read The Official Order Here

General News

Days after 40 Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) jawans were martyred and many others injured in an IED blast that targeted their convoy on the Jammu-Srinagar highway, the Jammu and Kashmir administration on Sunday withdrew security cover provided to five separatist leaders including Mirwaiz Umar Farooq.

Written By Daamini Sharma | Mumbai | Updated On:

Days after 40 Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) jawans were martyred and many others injured in an IED blast that targeted their convoy on the Jammu-Srinagar highway, the Jammu and Kashmir administration on Sunday withdrew security cover provided to five separatist leaders including Mirwaiz Umar Farooq. Acting tough against the separatists, Government has issued notification for the same.

“All security and any vehicles provided to them will stand withdrawn by today evening. No security forces or cover should be provided, under any pretext, to them or any other separatists,” the official statement reads. 

As a step, the security and allied arrangements provided to the following four were also revoked: 

  • Shabir Shah
  • Hashim Qureshi
  • Bilal Lone
  • Abdul Ghani Bhat

Moreover, PHQ will review if there are any other separatists who have Government security or facilities and will withdraw these immediately. 

Furthermore, a review meeting has been called on Wednesday at 4 PM at the Civil Secretariat in Jammu. Read the official notice by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir below: 

The direction for this move came in after Home Minister Rajnath Singh's visit to Srinagar after he held a meeting with the state administration, who said that action should be taken against those who get financial support from across the border. 

Singh on Saturday said, "There are some elements here who take money from Pakistan and ISI. I have told the authorities in Jammu and Kashmir very clearly that those who take money from Pakistan and have links with ISI, their security must be reviewed."

Read: As India Ensures World Rallies Against Pak, Spooked Pakistan Begs India For "normalisation Of Relations"

Meanwhile, Pakistan's Foreign Office spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal has begged India to for 'normalisation of relations'. Taking to Twitter, Dr Faisal quoted his Prime Minister Imran Khan and said that "Pakistan will take two steps if India takes one for normalisation of ties".

Furthermore, the Pakistani spokesperson also stated that opening Kartarpur corridor was "a step aimed at improving bilateral ties".  In a failed attempt to mount an attack on India, he further wrote that 'India must come out of the denial mode". 

The reaction from the unfriendly neighbour comes after several countries from across the globe stood in support of India in the wake of a deadly terror attack. In the aftermath of the Pulwama terror attack, India also revoked the Most Favoured Nation (MFN) status that was unilaterally accorded to Pakistan over 20 years ago. The government of India also resolved to isolate Pakistan on the global stage.

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS