Mumbai Building Collapse: PM Modi Offers Condolences To Families Of Those Who Lost Their Lives, Says Incident Is 'anguishing'

General News

Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed anguish over the collapse of the four-storey building in Mumbai's Dongri area in which four people have lost their lives and several have suffered major injuries on Tuesday.

Written By Monica Aggarwal | Mumbai | Updated On:

Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed anguish over the collapse of the four-storey building in Mumbai's Dongri area in which four people have lost their lives and several have suffered major injuries on Tuesday. Taking to Twitter, the Prime Minister's office condoled the deaths of the citizens in the accident. 

He has further hoped that the injured may recover soon, adding that the Maharashtra Government, NDRF and local authorities are working continuously on the rescue operations.

READ | Portion Of Building Collapses In Mumbai's Dongri, Over 40 Feared Trapped As Per Preliminary Report: LIVE Updates

After a portion of a 30-year-old four-storey illegal building at Nishanpada Cross Road in Dongri collapsed on Tuesday, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis confirmed. 

"As per the initial information, nearly 15 families are feared to be trapped because of a building collapsed in Dongri" said Fadnavis, adding that the immediate focus was on rescuing those trapped beneath the debris.

Meanwhile, at the time of publishing, the rescue operation is still underway as many other residents are still trapped under the debris. Three teams of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) are engaged in the rescue operations.

READ | Mumbai Building Collapse: Maharashtra CM Fadnavis Focuses On Rescue Of Families Feared Trapped, Confirms Century-old Dongri Building Had Redevelopment Nod

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS