The Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Chaudhry Fawad Hussain said on Tuesday that the Cinema Exhibitors Association has decided to boycott Indian content in the country following India's attack on LoC, thus eliminating the Jaish-e-Mohammed terror bases in Pakistan.
In a tweet, the minister said that no Bollywood movie will be released in Pakistan and the official handle of the government of Pakistan too hit out a similar tweet.
Take a look!
However, netizens have the best response to Pakistan boycotting Indian content after the IAF's terror camp blitz. Have a look:
Earlier this morning, Twelve days after the dastardly Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorist attack in Pulwama in which 40 CRPF Jawans were martyred, the Indian Air Force, in a pre-dawn operation, struck and destroyed terrorist camps across the Line of Control (LoC).
Previously, The All Indian Cine Workers Association (AICWA) had announced a ban on Pakistani artistes in the country, saying they will resort to strong action against anyone who collaborates with talent from Pakistan.
The announcement came in the aftermath of the February 14 terror attack on CRPF troopers in Pulwama, Jammu and Kashmir.
The film association in a letter stated, “All Indian Cine Workers Association strongly condemns brutal terrorist attack on our soldiers at Pulwama district in Jammu and Kashmir. Our heartfelt condolences to the families of the victims. AICWA stands with nation in confronting such terror and inhumanity.
We’re officially announcing a total ban on Pakistani Actors and Artists working in Film Industry. Still if any organisation insist on working with Pakistani artists will be banned by AICWA and a strong action will be taken against them.
Nation comes first, we stand with our nation. (sic)”
Back in 2016 too, the Indian government had banned popular Pakistani actors in the likes of Fawad Khan and Ali Zafar from the Bollywood film industry following the URI attacks.