PAK SHAM: Imran Khan Government Shares Preliminary Findings On Pulwama Terror Attack With India, Says Won't Proceed Till Further Evidence Is Shared

General News

Pakistan on Wednesday shared with the Indian government the preliminary findings after examining the dossier on the Pulwama terror attack

Written By Monica Aggarwal | Mumbai | Updated On:

Exactly a month after India handed over to Pakistan a dossier on "specific details" of involvement of the Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) in the Pulwama terror attack which took place on February 14 in which 40 CRPF soldiers were martyred in a JeM suicide bombing, Pakistan on Wednesday shared with the Indian government the preliminary findings after examining the report on the attack.

However, as per the statement released by Islamabad over the Pulwama dossier, Pakistan PM Imran Khan has called for 'credible evidence' by India in order to offer 'cooperation in investigation. Terming the Pulwama terror attack in which 40 CRPF soldiers were killed as an 'incident', the statement from Islamabad further states that Pakistan has 'sought further information/evidence from India in order to take the process forward'. 

"The Prime Minister of Pakistan had offered cooperation in investigation if credible evidence was provided by India. In response to this offer, a paper was handed over to Pakistan on February 27, 2019. Pakistan has acted with high sense of responsoibility and extended full cooperation. We do so in the interest of regional peace and security. We have sought further information/evidence from India to take the process forward,"  the press statement read. 

As per the MEA statement from February, the dossier that was handed over to Pakistan on February 27 contained all the specific details of JeM complicity in Pulwama terror attack and the presence of JeM terror camps and its leadership in Pakistan.

"A dossier was handed over to Pakistani side with specific details of JeM complicity in Pulwama terror attack and the presence of JeM terror camps and its leadership in Pakistan," MEA had said. 

As per media reports, the dossier handed over by India to Pakistan contained specific instances over the past two years when the JeM had conducted rallies and gatherings to recruit to its terror outfit. 

The move to hand over the dosseir came after Pakistan had demanded India to provide 'actionable evidence' of JeM's hand in the Pulwama terror attack. India had however called out Pakistan's demand for proof, terming it an a "lame excuse".

"It is a well-known fact that Jaish-e-Mohammad and its leader Masood Azhar are based in Pakistan. These should be sufficient proof for Pakistan to take action," the Ministry of External Affairs had said.

READ: BIG ULTIMATUM ISSUED | Return IAF Pilot 'safely And Immediately' Says India To Pak As It Hands Massive Dossier Detailing Pak Hand In Pulwama Terror Attack

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS