With the state of Maharashtra gearing up for the assembly elections, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday addressed a public rally in Nashik. The PM introduced a new slogan for the citizens to express their unity with Kashmiris and spoke at length over his government's decision to abrogate Article 370. He also spoke about the plans of the Central government on the welfare of Jammu-Kashmir and Ladakh. The Prime Minister lashed out at the Opposition and their continuous attempts to politicise the decision of abrogation of Article 370 that gave special status to Jammu and Kashmir. Also naming Sharad Pawar in his speech, PM Modi slammed the NCP chief's pro-Pakistan remarks.
Here are the five key points from PM Modi's speech when he spoke about Kashmir:
- PM Modi introduced a new slogan for embracing Kashmiris: "You were sloganeering that Kashmir is ours. Now there will be a new slogan- 'Ab hume naara lagana hai, Hindustaniyo ne Kashmir banana hai. Kal tak kehte the Kashmir humara hai, ab har Hindustani kahega hume naya Kashmir banana hai.' ( We used to say Kashmir is ours, now we will say all Indians will build a new Kashmir)," PM Modi said.
- PM Modi said that abrogation of Article 370 was the dream of 130 crore people: "We had together dreamt of integrating Jammu and Kashmir, today I can say it with satisfaction that our country is on its way to secure that dream. To facilitate the Constitution of India in Jammu and Kashmir was not only a mere decision taken by the government, but it manifest the dreams and wishes of 130 crore people of this country," the PM said in Nashik
- PM Modi said, 'Hug each Kashmiri, build New Kashmir': HAiling the decision to abrogate Article 370, PM Modi said: "This decision has been taken to end violence, terror, and separatism from J&K. This decision is for India's unity and it was our duty that we fulfill the dreams and wishes of people of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh. We have to embrace every Kashmiri and together we will make Kashmir paradise again."
- PM Modi said that Kashmir's development is his responsibility: PM Modi said, "The neighbouring country is trying to spread violence and misinformation in Jammu and Kashmir, but people of the valley have made their mind to get rid of violence. They want development, job opportunities and we all together will take J&K to a new way of welfare. I as your sevak, we all together hold the responsibility to bring development in Kashmir. It is our duty."
- PM Modi called out Sharad Pawar: Launching an all-out attack on NCP chief Sharad Pawar, the PM said that it is disheartening to see a politician of his stature stooping to vote-bank politics. "Sharad Pawar ji said he is fond of the neighbouring country, fine that's his wish. He thinks that the rulers and administrators in the neighbouring country are good, that's also his views. The country, the world, everyone knows where is the factory of terror and from where the pictures of discrimination and violence arrive. In politics, parties and politicians may win or lose, but it is everyone's duty to make the country victorious," the PM said.
READ: PM Modi in Nashik: 'We will hug each Kashmiri to build a New Kashmir'
READ: 'Howdy, Modi!': Billboards' surge in Texas to welcome PM Modi