Russian President Vladimir Putin arrived in India on Thursday for the annual summit with Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Putin, who was received by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on his arrival, went straight to Modi's official Lok Kalyan Marg residence where the two leaders had a one-on-one meeting. Later, Modi hosted a private dinner for the visiting dignitary.
After Putin's New Delhi touchdown, PM Modi, exhibiting his admiration for the Russian President wrote in Russian on Twitter, welcoming him to India. PM Modi's tweet roughly translates to - "Welcome to india, President Putin! I wish you a fruitful stay in India. I look forward to our negotiations, which will undoubtedly strengthen the friendship between India and Russia."
READ | Putin In India: Here's The Lunch Menu For Russian President Vladimir Putin
Meanwhile, India and Russia have signed eight bilateral/multilateral documents. These are the documents signed by both the countries:
- Protocol for Consultations between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and MEA for the period 2019-2023
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation and the National Institution for Transforming India (NITI Aayog)
- Memorandum of Understanding between Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) and the Federal Space Agency of Russia ‘ROSCOSMOS’ on Joint Activities in the field of Human Spaceflight Programme
- Memorandum of Cooperation between the Indian and Russian Railways
- Action Plan for Prioritization and Implementation of Cooperation Areas in the Nuclear Field
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Russian Ministry of Transport and Indian Railways in the Development Cooperation in Transport Education
- Memorandum of Understanding between the National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC), of India and the Russian Small and Medium Business Corporation (RSMB), on Cooperation in the field of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
- Cooperation Agreement in the Fertilizers Sector between the Russian Direct Investment Fund" ("RDIF”); PJSC Phosagro (PhosAgro) and Indian Potash Limited (IPL)
READ | Putin In India: From Indo-Russia Joint Statement To S400 Triumf Air Defence System Deal, Catch LIVE UPDATES Here