As the high profile custodian interrogation of Christian Michel in connection with AgustaWestland case enters the second day, the CBI is likely to bring Christian Michel face to face with his driver to ascertain the details of the people he had met during his earlier visits to Delhi. It's suspected that his driver is also a medium of money transfer. Republic TV has accessed an earlier statement of the driver, Narayan Bahadur, in which he has mentioned the following:
- 'He was appointed as Christian Michel's driver by RK Nanda, who was paying also paying Narayan's salary'
- 'When Mr Nanda stopped paying Narayan, the driver raised a complaint to Christian Michel after which Michel started paying the driver's salary'
- 'After a week, the driver was given a new Honda Civic which was registered under the name of Media Exim Ltd'
- 'As per the driver, Media Exim Ltd is in the name of RK Nanda. However, the driver does not know anything about Michel's business with the company'
- 'Whenever Michel visited India, he visited RK Nanda at his residence and vice-versa
- 'He was told by RK Nanda that apart from the driver's house he was looking after the aforesaid house and came to know that it belonged to Media Exim'
- 'He identified a photograph of the same person who received three friends of Christian Michel in 2008'
- 'Michel used to visit about 40-50 times a year and that he heard names of Carlos (Gerosa) and (Guido) Haschke'
Read the full statement here:
Read: Day 2 Of Christian Michel's Quizzing: Enforcement Directorate To Seek Custody Of AgustaWestland Middleman. LIVE UPDATES Here
Earlier in the day, Republic TV had questioned Aljo K Joseph at CBI HQ after his meeting with Christian Michel. As per sources, the meeting lasted for more than two hours, and that Joseph is likely to be meeting him again at 4:00 PM.
Read: Christian Michel's Lawyer Aljo K Joseph Expelled, 'he Did Not Consult The Youth Congress Before Appearing In The Case' Says Party
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Thursday said that they will question the alleged middleman and will seek his custody once the CBI custody is over. The ED is expected to either seek fresh custody of Michel or move an application for questioning of the accused alongside the CBI under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA). The central probe agency may also file a fresh (supplementary) charge sheet in this case detailing the role of other accused.