A shocking video has emerged, this time from the district hospital in the Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir, where a ten-year-old boy who was bitten by a scorpion was treated with black magic instead of medicines.
The two-days-old video was shot when this young boy was brought to the district hospital Reasi after a poisonous scorpion bit him while he was playing with his friends near his house, but as the doctors watched a “Tantrik” present in the hospital started performing "black magic” over the boy.
“The boy is extreme pain, but instead of giving any medical aid to the boy, a Tantrik started performing some black magic on the boy, I started recording this on my phone” Karan Deep Singh, a local journalist who shot the video told Republic.
Karan said that even the doctors who were standing next to the patient did not intervene to stop this “non-sense” from happening.
“It was only after the family members of the patient raised some noise, that the doctor started the treatment of the boy,” Singh said.
He said that when he last checked, he was informed that the boy was out of danger and was discharged from the hospital after keeping him under observation for some time.
Jammu region has been witnessing a spike in the incidents of the snake and scorpion bites during the ongoing rainy season and most of the cases are reported from Jammu, Samba, Ramban, Reasi and Kathua district of the region.
But the relatives of the snake bite victims allege that the Government Medical College and Hospital, the only medical college and hospital in the entire region, does not have a stock of anti-venom and the snake bite victims are given either antibiotic or anti-rabies injection.
“The farmers and their family members who work in the fields are the main victim of snake bite, but all the hospitals in Jammu region including the GMC in Jammu does not stock anti-venom and most of the people suffer serious renal or cardiac failure as they don’t get treatment in time”, Rohit Choudhary national present of Kissan Welfare Organization said.
He said that the video of a child being treated by a “tantric” at the government hospital in Reasi was shocking and that the government should take some action and should also make sure that hospitals have adequate stock of anti-venom.