The Indian Air Force on Wednesday shot down Pakistan Air Force's F-16 Aircraft while attempting to intrude 3 kms into the Indian airspace. The intruder aircraft was shot down as IAF retaliated to the incursion with India's Mig-21 bison.
The Pakistan Air Force F-16s was brought down in the Lam Valley in Nowshera sector. Furthermore, as per eyewitnesses, a parachute was seen as the Pakistani fighter jet went down.
Here is all you need to know about the magnificent Sukhoi Su-30 that was deployed to push Pakistan Air Force out of the Indian air space
- Initially developed by Russia's Sukhoi Aviation Corporation, in Irkutsk, the Sukhoi Su-30 is a twin-engine, two-seater supermaneuverable fighter aircraft that first flew in December 1989. The two engines (twinjet) allows not only fuel efficiency but allows safety from single engine failure.
- The stunning Aircraft is a multirole fighter efficient for all weather, air-to-air and air-to-surface deep interdiction missions.
- Since December 2000, the Su-30MKI variant that the IAF uses have been manufactured and assembled under license by HAL.
- Sukhoi-30, the integrated aerodynamic configuration allows in high manoeuvrability and has innovating takeoff and landing configuration, and is around 73 feet in length and 21 feet in height with a wingspread of 48 feet,
- The Aircraft is able to perform some supremely advanced manoeuvres like - Pugachev's Cobra and the tailslide, and can also reach a maximum speed of 2,100 km/hour.
- With a fuel reserve of 5,270 kgs, the SU-30 MK is able to perform 4.5 hours of combat mission with a range of 3,000 kms.
- It also includes autopilot ability at all flight stages, including low-altitude flight
- The IAF Aircraft that pushed back Pakistan's F-16 is armed with 30mm Gsh-30-1 cannon with 150 rounds of ammunition. It has 12 hardpoints for missiles and bombs, which can be further augmented to 14 using multiple ejector racks.
- The BrahMos ALCM that weighs 2.5 tonnes is the heaviest weapon to be deployed on the Su-30 fighter aircraft and has been modified by HAL to carry weapons.
- The aircraft is able to launch a range of air-to-surface missiles and carries Vympel-built air-to-air missiles, and rocket pods, KAB-500 and KAB-1500 laser-guided bombs.