After the horrific attack on the CRPF on Thursday by terrorists in the Awantipora area of the Pulwama district Jammu and Kashmir in which at least 37 CRPF jawans were martyred, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has issued a strong reaction to the incident.
Addressing the media on Thursday, the minister said:
"The attack was carried out by Pakistan backed Jaish-e-Mohammed. A strong reply will be given and I assure the people of the country this. We will leave no stone unturned to get to the bottom of this attack. CRPF is a brave security force of India. Time and again, they have sacrificed for the nation. No amount of praise can define their effort to maintain peace in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. The nation salutes their sacrifice and stands with the family of the martyrs."
Earlier in the day, at least 37 jawans were martyred and many were left injured in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama. The 54 Battalion of CRPF was targeted by the terrorists as their vehicle was attacked with an IED blast. There were 35 personnel aboard the vehicle that was attacked and as per CRPF sources, 100 kg of explosive was used in IED blast. Moreover, Pakistan backed Jaish-e-Mohammed claimed responsibility for the biggest terror attack in the last 15 years, in a text message to Kashmiri News Agency GNS.
IB Kashmir sources have told Republic TV: Police did receive input about an imminent attack around 3 days ago. The input was regarding an attack that would be carried out by Jaish. But this was not specific in nature with regards to the location of the attack.
Earlier, CRPF released a statement in the aftermath of the IED blast on the Jammu-Srinagar highway. They stated: