Following the ariel strike that destroyed Jaish-e-Mohammed terror camps across the Line of Control in a pre-dawn operation on Tuesday, February 26, Air Commander S Srinivasan notified of how the Air Force was on high alert since Pulwama terror attack.
Air Commander S Srinivasan told the media that the Air Force bases across the country have been on high alert to effect the Aircraft operations.
He said, "All IAF bases have been on alert since Pulwama. Despite the runway work in Chandigarh we have been on alert, to put emergency kerosene lights if required to effect Aircraft operation. The alert has been started after our CRPF brothers were martyred at Pulwama."
"As of now, everything that has happened, the clarity of what happened will be provided by the Ministry of Defence. What I can say is that there was no Aircraft that got airborne from my base," he added.
Air Commander further told that the Air bases especially in Jammu and Kashmir, and Punjab were on high alert.
He said, "We are at top alert after Pulwama. All Air bases, especially of Punjab and of Jammu and Kashmir are on top alert from any kind of terrorist threat. We will also get data when the information comes officially."
The strike on Pakistani terror launchpads comes just short of two weeks after the heinous Pulwama terror attack in which a suicide bomber in an explosives-laden car targeted a CRPF convoy. 40 CRPF Jawans were martyred in the attack for which the Jaish-e-Mohammed claimed responsibility shortly afterwards.
In the days following the attack, the Indian government, including the Prime Minister and the Home Minister, have made clear that the Armed Forces had been given a free rein to avenge the attack.
Along with Jaish, LeT and HM training camps have been hit. Dullai, south Muzzafarabad on Kohla road — camps for communication of all terror groups (Jaish, HM & LeT) for controlling operations located here — this too has been destroyed.