General News

WATCH: 'Investigation Should Happen', Says Sri Sri Ravishankar On Republic Bharat's Explosive 1990 Ayodhya #KarsevakMassacre Expose

Written By Narayan R | Mumbai | Published:

Hack:

  • Founder of Art of Living and spiritual guru, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, on Saturday demanded investigations into the sensational claims made by the former SHO of Ram Janmabhoomi Thana
  • In 1990, the Mulayam Singh government had ordered firing on karsewaks in Ayodhya to stop them from attacking and demolishing Babri Masjid

Founder of Art of Living foundation and spiritual guru, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, on Saturday demanded investigations into the sensational claims made by the former SHO of Ram Janmabhoomi Thana, who was stung on camera revealing that a number of karsewaks were killed by the Mulayam Singh government in 1990.

Speaking exclusively to Republic Bharat, hours after Republic Bharat came up with this massive expose on its very first day of launch, Sri Sri stated that if the ex-cop is giving testimony, then the matter should be looked into.

"We know that, the society knows (about the killing if 18 people). The gunfire meant that there was massacre because of firing. How did the massacre happen? Due to firing. I heard it from the seers that something like this had happened. If the officer has said, then it should happen (investigation). Officer is saying, he is the testament of it, so investigation should happen," he said.

In 1990, the Mulayam Singh government had ordered firing on karsewaks in Ayodhya to stop them from attacking and demolishing Babri Masjid. It was then reported that 16 people were killed in the firing.

But on Saturday, hours after its launch, Republic Bharat came up with a massive expose which revealed that a number of karsewaks were killed by the cops, and that the government had hid the figures from the people.

Republic Bharat SUPER EXCLUSIVE: 'Countless People', Not 16 Karsevaks Had Been Killed In The 1990 Ayodhya Firing Incident, Reveals Explosive #KarsevakMassacre Sting

A sting operation was conducted on Veer Bhadur Singh, then SHO of Ram Janmabhoomi than. On tape, he was caught mentioning that the official figure given by Mulayam Singh's government was made up, and that many more were killed and buried.

"When the people died some reporters from foreign had come. Then DM SSP told me to go to SO and make a statement in which eight people were reported dead due to gun shot injury and 42 people were shown injured. Then we started founding several bodies of karsevaks, which was the truth. But we had to give a report to the government on the number of deaths during the incident. So we went to the crematory and inquired on the number of bodies that came to be cremated. They told us that 15-20 bodies had come to be burried. So, on the basis of this information, we told the government that those bodies which were buried were not of Karsevaks. But the truth was they were of Karsevaks," he was caught saying on tape.

DO NOT MISS