General News

WATCH: Rashtriya Rifles Jawans Of Indian Army Narrate Stories Of Their Brave Confrontations With Terrorists

Written By Digital Desk | Mumbai | Published:

In the recent episode of Republic TV's Patriot, featuring Major Gaurav Arya, introduces us to the jawans of the Rashtriya Rifles (RR) branch of the Indian Army where this episode divulges in lives of the six jawans who won awards for their bravery.

Here we take a detailed account of the operations conducted by two jawans for which they were honoured with bravery awards. 

Speaking to Major Arya, Jawan Jeevan Bansodi took us through the details of his operation for which he won the Sena award for displaying his valour and courage. 

He said, "Our Commander guided us on the information he received. Then we started moving at night. We were told to go to a village."

When questioned about the intelligence, he said, "There were three militants. Some we began moving. We formed a cordon. Then we saw militants at a far distance. We challenged them. They immediately threw a grenade on us. We also retaliated and killed all of them."

"I killed all three of them," he added. 

He said, "They were hit on the chest and the head," and further added that there was a distance of mere 2-3 meters between him and the terrorists.  

"The situation was such. They came running towards us and attacked us," he added. 

READ| ABSOLUTELY THUNDEROUS: "Now, Abhinandan's Dictionary Meaning Will Change. That Strength Exists In This Country", Says PM Modi To Rapturous Applause, Day After IAF Hero Wing Commander Abhinandan's Return To India

Next, Major Gaurav Arya spoke Sipahi Pyara Singh belonging to the 13 Arti Field Regiment of the operation for which he won an award. 

Elaborating on the mission, he said, "I recieved chief of Army staff's Commendation Card for operation Sistragam."

Further, the Siphai elaborated on his mission where he confronted with Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists in a fire battle. 

He said, "The operation took place on 22nd March 2018 in the evening around 7pm. At 7pm we received an intelligence that in Sistragam village, two Jaish-e-Mohammed militants are hiding in the house of a surrendered militant. As soon as we received information we stopped our vehicle half a kilometer away from the village and started walking. By 8pm we formed a cordon. We had just formed the cordon and we some movements of militant. We challenged them and they opened fire on us. The fire fight went on for 15 minutes."

"We did not do anything before the first light. And in the morning we saw two militants dead at a distance of 2 meter," he added. 

READ| EXPLOSIVE: Indian Army's Robust Response To Pakistan's Repeated Ceasefire Violations