Republic TV has accessed details of the CBI's questioning of Unnao rape accused BJP MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar who was finally arrested early on Friday morning in Lucknow after the central agency took over the case on Thursday evening based on the recommendations of the Uttar Pradesh government-constituted SIT.
Here are the questions the CBI asked the rape-accused BJP MLA about the alleged rape as well as the assault that led to the victim's father passing away:
1. Where were you at the time of the incident?
2. During the incident, where was Atul Singh Sengar (accused MLA's brother) and the victim's uncle?
3. How and since when do you know the victim's family?
4. Did you call the police station and ask them to suppress the case?
5. Was the victim forcefully made to give thumb impression on the statement?
6. Did the victim ever come to your house?
7. On the MLA's allegation of political conspiracy, the CBI asked who is behind the conspiracy?
8. After the fighting in which Atul was involved, did Kuldeep knowingly file a case against the victim's family?
9. When did he learn of the death of the victim's father and what did he do then?
10. After the incident, did the MLA call his people and attempt to give the incident another colour?
11. When the matter was with the state government, then on whose insistence had the MLA come to be arrested at the SSP?
12. Did you attempt to twist the incident?
13. With whom do you have enmity in the village?
Three cases have been registered against the BJP MLA following his arrest and he has been kept in Lucknow's Hazratganj headquarters.
Also on Friday, the BJP defended their conduct in the case. Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath finally broke his silence, saying, "CBI arrested the MLA last night, we took immediate action to set up SIT after coming to know about the matter on April 9. We then sent the matter to CBI."
Union women and child development minister Maneka Gandhi, meanwhile, said that 'the BJP was a party of 11 crore people and if one or two people turn out to be "aberrations", how can one blame the whole party?'
On Thursday, the Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government had stated before the Allahabad High Court which had taken suo moto cognisance that there wasn't concrete evidence against Sengar in the case, and hence, he wasn't to be arrested.
On Sunday, the rape victim, along with her family members, had tried to commit suicide in front of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath's residence in Lucknow alleging that she was raped by BJP leader and his fellow accomplices. That same day, the victim's father was assaulted and subsequently died from his injuries. In a video testimony after his assault, the victim's father had named Atul Singh Sengar as the person who assaulted him. The victim's uncle has on numerous occasions said that Kuldeep Singh Sengar had his brother killed.