Brought to you by


Your browser does not support the canvas element.



Law & Order

Assault-accused VVIP Brat Mohammed Haris Nalapad Granted Conditional Bail By Karnataka HC. Here Are The Conditions

Written By Ankit Prasad | Mumbai | Published:


  • Assault-accused Mohammed Haris Nalapad has been granted conditional bail by the Karnataka High Court
  • He will have to furnish a Rs 2 lakh bond, two sureties and also he will have to submit his passport.
  • Nalapad had surrendered at a Bengaluru police station on February 19 after allegedly assaulting a man at a restaurant two days earlier

Mohammed Haris Nalapad, the son of Congress Karnataka MLA NA Haris, who had assaulted a 24-year-old man at a Bengaluru restaurant almost three months ago has been granted conditional bail by the Karnataka High Court.

He will have to furnish a Rs 2 lakh bond, two sureties and also he will have to submit his passport.

Haris was accused of brutally beating up Vidvat L., the son of a businessman, at a cafe in UB City Mall on February 17. On February 18, an FIR was registered against him and ten others, and on February 19, after allegedly 'laying-low' at a posh hotel, Nalapad surrendered at the Cubbon Park Police in Bengaluru.

READ | When Congress Rowdy Mohammad Haris Nalapad Was Hailed As 'The Youth Icon' And Four Other Facts

As per reports, Haris had even threatened the assault victim at Mallya hospital where the latter had been sent for treatment. Vidvat's injuries were frightening, Republic TV learnt after accessing his medical certificate. He hadn't just been beaten, he had been viciously assaulted.

At the time of the assault, the accused's father, NA Haris, had offered a shocking defence of his son, saying, "They're friends and both of them were involved in a brawl. I'm hurt by the incident. I scolded my son after I got to know about the incident and ever since he has switched off his phone and not returned home. We cannot just go by the complainant's version of the story. He apparently fell on the floor and got hurt."

For the incident, Mohammed Haris Nalapad was suspended by the Congress party for six years and removed from his post of Karnataka Youth Congress leader. Following his arrest, his bail plea had been rejected by a city court, and then, by the same High Court that has now granted him conditional bail. Republic TV had also learnt that he was seemingly enjoying VVIP privileges while in jail, being allowed to have more visitors than is allowed.