- A two-day long crucial executive meeting of Bharatiya Janata Party will take place on Saturday to explore the possibilities in the upcoming 2019 general elections
- BJP president Amit Shah will convene the meeting to seek the inputs on the current political situation and future prospects
A two-day long crucial executive meeting of Bharatiya Janata Party will take place on Saturday to explore the possibilities in the upcoming 2019 general elections. BJP president Amit Shah will convene the meeting to seek the inputs on the current political situation and future prospects. The party will brainstorm on the following agendas:
- Highlight the Narendra Modi Government’s steps for “social justice” and “economic Successes"
- The National Executive meeting is also expected to respond to concerns over the rise in oil price and refer to the previous UPA Government’s “mismanagement of the economy” ahead of the Assembly Polls in five states, with the Lok Sabha election less than eight months away
- Amit Shah to deliver the inaugural address, PM valedictory speech on Sunday
- Dalit Outreach- Significantly, the saffron party has chosen the Ambedkar International Centre, which works to promote the works and ideas of Dalit icon BR Ambedkar, for hosting the meeting
- As per the sources, the issues of NRC, the passage of key bills-including the one to restore the original provisions of the law on atrocities against Dalits and another that accorded constitutional status to the National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC) — in Parliament will also come up for discussion at the national executive meet
- Hike announced by the Government in the MSP and the rise in the economic growth in the last quarter to 8.2% would also find a mention
- Push for laws to empower the Dalits and other Backward classes evidence of its work for “social justice”, a theme likely to be picked
- The government’s “honest” image and “successful” handling of the economy
Read: Terming Congress As ‘Jhooti' Party, BJP President Amit Shah Tells Rahul Gandhi 'nation’s IQ Higher Than Yours'
Earlier, the possibility of Tamil Nadu superstar Rajnikanth joining hands with Bh++*artiya Janata Party (BJP) has also drastically increased, with sources claiming that he held numerous meetings with senior BJP party leaders in the national capital, Delhi. It is reported that Rajini held around seven meetings within the span of five days with the BJP stalwarts.
Ever since he promised to enter politics, speculation fueled regarding whether he would start a new political party, or join an existing party. On December 31, 2017, 'Thalaiva' stated that he will contest the 2021 assembly elections in the state by bringing a new party. But now it seems, the superstar will go ahead with the BJP.