In a big breakthrough in the Sunanda Pushkar murder case, the High Court on Wednesday asked the Delhi police to file a status report within the next three days in regard to the ongoing probe into the death of Congress MP Shashi Tharoor's wife. The Court also mentioned that Dr. Swamy would be given the report in advance rather than it being handed over in a sealed cover.
While speaking exclusively to Republic TV, Dr. Swamy highlighted 10 unanswered questions and issues concerning the investigation of the Delhi Police in the Sunanda Pushkar case.
- Was a Vigilance inquiry ordered by the Delhi Police on the delay in proceeding with the Sunanda unnatural death case? If so, the outcome of the inquiry.
- Besides why the Delhi Police was lax following the Post-mortem Report of the Medical Board constituted by AIIMS, concluding death as unnatural and due to poisoning after a violent struggle by the victim, and the FBI of USA also confirmed the poisons in degraded viscera submitted 1 ½ later?
- AIIMS post mortem report submitted to Delhi Police on January 20, 2014, and further updated reports dated September 27, 2014, December 29, 2014, and January 12, 2016, have clearly Mentioned Delhi Police's lack of cooperation such as in not handing over the crime scene photos and bed sheets, pillow cover, and tablets from the crime scene to AIIMS Forensic Department.
- The Economic Offences Wing of Delhi Police also opined that the murder was prima facie connected to IPL bidding for the Kochi franchise. Testimony of journalists in touch with Sunanda also confirmed this. Why was the ED not alerted to register a money laundering case?
- Is it a fact that Delhi Police on very next day of murder gave back deceased Sunanda's one mobile phone collected from the Hotel Leela and which was given to Shashi Tharoor at his residence? If so who authorized this extraordinary destruction of evidence.
- To which Police Officer was Sunanda's own phones found in the room were entrusted? Are these phones now data wiped clean?
- Are CCTV recordings the floor where Sunanda was a resident of Hotel Leela blank or wiped out? Since when, because until Jan 17, 2014 - 23:57 hrs, visuals were available on the Hotel's server. The CCTV footage of Main Porch of the Hotel is available till 17:44 hrs of January 15, 2014. Thereafter only from January 27 from 12:12 hours. Why?
- Did any Delhi Police Officer access the recordings before it was wiped off?
- Is it a fact that no medicine or tablets were seized from the room on Jan 18, 2014, the day after the demise of Sunanda. And were Alprax and other medicines were seized only on Jan 19, 2014. Why the delay? Did Sunanda have a prescription for Alprax? Or did Shashi Tharoor?
- Is it a fact the eatables in Sunanda's Hotel Room were seized only in November 2014, i.e., after about 11 months?