Republic TV has accessed documents detailing that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has been granted Z+ security cover by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The letter from the MHA to the Bihar chief secretary states, among other things:
The matter has been considered in the Ministry in consultation with Central Security Agency and it has been decided to include Shri Nitish Kumar, Chief Minister, Bihar in the Central list as a Z+ category protectee.
It goes on to state:
Copy with a request to provide Z+ category protection to Shri Nitish Kumar during his visits to/stay in their jurisdiction:
1. All Chief Secretaries of States/UTs
2. All DGsP/IGsP of States/UTs
3. Spl. Commissioner of Police (Sec.), Delhi Police.
This means Nitish Kumar will have the highest level of security, including the following:
1. Sufficient number of Uniformed Static Guards at residence and office, keeping in view the topography of the place.
2. Two escorts of strength 1-3 each with Automatic weapons and light-bulletproof jackets for mobile protection
3. 2 PSOs round the clock
4. 2 Watchers at a time during the day and 1 watcher at night.
5. A bulletproof car, wherever available for road journey with commandos carrying firepower.
6. 1 inspector/SI of Police in-charge of security arrangements round the clock.
7. Perimeter wall and fencing of sufficient height
8. Adequate perimeter lighting
9. Access Control measures searching, frisking, screening and communication staff - two at a time, including a Lady officer in 3 shifts.
10. Area security around residence and office
11. Some protectees in the Z+ category may also require ring round (RR) teams at the venues of public functions depending on the local threat perception.
The move comes exactly a week after Nitish Kumar's cavalcade was pelted with stones while he was on his way to a village as part of the state-wide Vikas Samiksha Yatra. The chief minister was unharmed. An unfazed Kumar, who went on to address a public meeting in Dumraon block, said,
"Some people feel disturbed over my commitment to the progress of the state. They try to mislead and provoke others but people should not get perturbed over such minor happenings".
Follow all the breaking news and headlines on Elections 2019. From major political events to the upcoming Lok Sabha Elections, Republic World brings you all the latest news from the world of politics. Tune in and catch the election updates live only on Republic World.
Trending in Politics - Narendra Modi, Rahul Gandhi, Amit Shah, Yogi Adityanath