Last Updated:

Hyderabad Gangrape: Union Min Mukhtar Naqvi Condemns Delay In Action Against Culprits

Union Minister Abbas Naqvi slammed the Telangana government over the Hyderabad rape case. He said that the Telangana govt did not take quick action.

Hyderabad gangrape

Image: Republic


Union Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Saturday condemned the delay in action against the culprits in the Jubilee Hills gang rape case and stated that whatever happened in Hyderabad is very unfortunate. Speaking to Republic TV, Naqvi said, “Shameful incidents are happening in Telangana. Whatever happened in Hyderabad is very unfortunate. Telangana government is involved in advertisements, promotions, and publicity. Telangana government has made delay in taking action against culprits.”

Moreover, voicing concerns over the safety of women in the wake of the Hyderabad gangrape case, Congress National spokesperson Gourav Vallabh said, “Telangana CM has no concern for women’s security. He only does advertisements for himself in other states. KCR is only roaming in other states and doing advertisements for himself every day. He is not bothered about the women and girls of his state. He has been ignoring the law and order situation in Telangana. He has no money to invest in the security of women but has money for advertisement.”

Hyderabad rape case: Case filed under POCSO

A police case has been registered against five minors for allegedly raping a minor girl in Hyderabad. The case was registered under Sections 354 and 323 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and Sections 9 and 10 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act. The accused have yet not been identified, Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Zone) Joel Davis informed.

"The rape case was registered based on the complaint of the victim's father. Subsequently, after the victim's statement, we altered the sections and added Sections 9 and 10 of the POCSO Act. Around 5 accused are involved," Davis told ANI over the phone.

Davis further added that the victim is not in a position to identify, so the police are making all efforts to zero in on the identity of the accused through other technical details. Prima facie, the accused are all juveniles, he informed. According to the complaint, some men stepped out with the girl from a pub at 5.30 pm and offered her a lift in a luxury car before gang-raping her. The car has been confiscated by the police.

The incident allegedly took place on May 28 in Hyderabad's Jubilee Hills area and the complaint was filed by the girl's father on May 31.

"At about 5.30 pm, she was taken out of the pub by a few guys in a car. Later, they misbehaved with my daughter and assaulted her, she has minor injuries on her neck. Since then my daughter is in deep shock and unable to disclose the things exactly," read the complaint.

First Published: