Ministry Of Defense 'happy With The Truth' After SC Dismisses Plea Seeking Probe Into Rafale Deal

Politics

The Ministry of Defense (MoD) has expressed its satisfaction with the Supreme Court order, which ruled out any investigation or probe in the Rafale deal

Written By Narayan R | Mumbai | Updated On:

The Ministry of Defense (MoD) has expressed its satisfaction with the Supreme Court order, which ruled out any investigation or probe in the Rafale deal while dismissing the pleas of the opposition, on Friday,

Speaking exclusively to Republic TV after CJI Ranjan Gogoi headed three-judge bench found no basis for a court monitor probe in the matter, the MoS MoD said, "I welcome the decision and finally the truth has won. In Rafale deal, there was no such kind of irregularities. Government to govt deal is absolutely normal." 

While dismissing the opposition's plea seeking court monitored probe in the Rafale deal, the Supreme Court, in its verdict, stated that there is no basis on which an investigation can be conducted.

The three-judge bench of the Supreme Court said that it had examined the petitions along three aspects after having first tried to find out the power of judicial reviews for defence matters.

  • Decision-making process
  • Pricing
  • Choice of Indian offset partner

READ: Titanic Win For Modi Government: Supreme Court Dismisses Opposition And Lobby's Plea On Rafale Deal

On the first matter, the decision making process, the CJI said: 'On the decision making process we are satisfied. There is no occasion to set aside the contract. These are contracts for defence procurement. Broadly the process has been followed. Quality of aircraft is not in question Metre conjecture is of no use.'

He added, 'We can't sit in judgment for going to purchase 36 aircraft or 126. Our country can't be unprepared for fifth generation of aircraft.'

On the second, i.e. pricing, he said: 'We have examined the pricing closely. Price details official responders claim better advantage. It's not the job of the court to look into pricing. We say no more as the matter has to be confidential.'

READ: Here's What Rajnath Singh Said In Aftermath Of SC Dismissing Opposition's Plea Of Probe On Rafale Deal

On the third matter, i.e. offset: The CJI said that it is not in the area of the Supreme Court to see this.

Having inclined with the government on all three counts, the CJI said that there would be no intervention in the Rafale deal, adding 'Perception of individuals can't be roving', and dismissed the Rafale petitions.

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS