A day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Council of Ministers took oath in the second consecutive term of the NDA government, the allocation of portfolios have been released.
Prakash Javdekar has been allocated the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change; and he will also be the Minister of Information and Broadcasting.
In PM Modi's first tenure, Prakash Jevdekar served as the Union Cabinet Minister of State with independent charge in the Ministry of Environment and Forests from 2014 to 2016. But in 2016 he was made the Minister of Human Resources Development.
Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' is now the Minister of Human Resource Development
READ| Modi Cabinet 2.0: Nirmala Sitharaman Is The New Minister Of Finance & Corporate Affairs; Full Portfolio List Of The Second Narendra Modi-led NDA Government Out
While, under his charge, Dhotre Sanjay Shamrao has been appointed the Ministery of State in the Ministry of Communications along with Minister of State in the Ministry of Human Resource Development and Minister of State in the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
In 2008, the BJP leader was elected as the Rajya Sabha member from Maharashtra.
Although in the past Javdekar has never won a Lok Sabha seat, he has served as a member of the Maharashtra Legislative Council from 1990 to 2002.
Here is the Portfolio allocation list of the second consecutive Narendra Modi-led NDA government:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi:
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Atomic Energy, Department of Space
- Rajnath Singh: Minister of Defence
- Amit Shah: Minister of Home Affairs
- Nitin Gadkari: Minister of Road Transport and Highways, Minister of Water Resources, MSMEs
- DV Sadananda Gowda: Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Piyush Goyal : Minister of Railways, Commerce and Industry
- Nirmala Sitharaman: Minister of Finance and Minister of Corporate Affairs
- Ram Vilas Paswan: Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
- Narendra Singh Tomar: Minister of Minister of Rural Development, Agriculture and Farmer welfare Minister of Panchayati Raj
- Ravi Shankar Prasad: Minister of Law and Justice, and Minister of Electronics and Information Technology, communications
- Harsimrat Kaur Badal: Minister of Food Processing Industries
- Thaawarchand Gehlot: Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment
- S Jaishankar: Minister of External Affairs
- Ramesh Pokhriyal: Minister of HRD
- Arjun Munda: Minister of Tribal Affairs
- Smriti Irani: Minister of Women and Child Development
- Prakash Javedekar: Minister of Information and Broadcasting, Environment, Forest and Climate change
- Harsh Vardhan: Minister of Health and Family Welfare