- Just a few hours after his address in the Lok Sabha, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday addressed the Rajya Sabha
- During the course of his address, PM Modi put forth a point by point attack on Congress party
Just a few hours after his address in the Lok Sabha, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday addressed the Rajya Sabha wherein a big political attack, he showed the Rahul Gandhi-led party a report card. During the course of his address, PM Modi put forth a point by point attack on Congress party where he said, ‘We want Mahatma Gandhi's India. Even the Congress wants 'Gandhi's India.' - the India of the Emergency, Bofors, Chopper scams.’
WATCH: PM Modi Parliament Speech LIVE Updates: 'Who Says Democracy Was A Gift From Nehru,' Says Narendra Modi In An Explosive Speech
He also hit back at Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad’s comment on how ‘NDA government is not a gamechanger but a name changer.’ PM Modi responded by saying,
You call us name changers....we are aim changers - we work hard and have ushered in a paradigm shift in the working of the Government. Innovative projects are being thought about and completed in a time bound manner"
Highlights of PM Modi's speech in Rajya Sabha:
- 'Congress wants the India of the Tandoor Case. I also went to Davos, you also went to Davos. But the difference is- you went with a letter to save someone,' PM Modi said
- He further highlighted,'You call us 'name changers'. We are 'aim changers' - we work hard and have ushered in a paradigm shift in the working of the Government. Innovative projects are being thought about and completed in a time-bound manner'
- 'Congress keeps saying we brought Aadhaar. Let me remind them about a debate in the Rajya Sabha in 1998 and what LK Advani Ji said. It is in his speech that you will find the genesis of Aadhaar,' PM Modi said during the course of his address.
PM Modi further added,"I fail to understand why some people feel bad when India improves its ease of business rankings"
- "The eastern parts of India have to develop and that is why more resources are being devoted towards these states," PM Modi said.
- On speaking about the Gujarat Elections, PM Modi said, "during the Gujarat campaign I was happy- I thought at least now the Congress realised the greatness of Sardar Patel. Sadly, one week after the results Sardar Patel was missing in Congress posters"
- Furthermore, PM Modi also questioned the Congress party on why they were opposing the Triple Talaq bill. PM Modi asked, "You are free to mock as you please but why are you blocking the bill for OBC Commission? Why are you blocking Triple Talaq Bill. Are you not sensitive to the aspirations of OBCs"
- He added, "Let us have a constructive discussion on holding simultaneous Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha elections in the various states"