Prime Minister Narendra Modi broached a number of key topics while delivering his keynote address at the Republic Summit on Tuesday, all of them combining to neatly depict exactly why India was surging.
"Surging India - the two words - are the expression of 130 crore Indians. These are the feelings, vibrations which the world is witnessing. In the world society, India's growth is moving ahead in a very fast manner. India's image in front of the world is getting better with each passing day", the Prime Minister said.
BLOG | Surging India: Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Re-election Pitch
Following that, he put forth 10 key points in his speech, all of which were spoken of in context of a tidy 'two-window' comparison with what his government had inherited when it came into power in 2014:
- In 2014 would anyone have believed that India would be quickly moving towards becoming a $5 trillion economy?
- That in terms of Ease of Doing Business, India has moved from being rank 142 to rank 77, and is working towards entering the top 50
- That National waterways would be a reality in India. A ship bearing cargo has transported goods from Kolkata to Varanasi via the Ganga river
- That presently, more people are starting to travel by air than they do by AC trains
- The Rikshaw-drivers, Vegetable vendors and Tea-sellers have also begun to use the Bhim App and RuPay debit card
- That from start-ups to sports, India would be building its proficiency and making a name for itself
- That India would set a record by launching over 100 satellites and would be working towards its mission 'Gaganyaan' (to send a man to space)
- That in the 1984 anti-Sikh riots cases, Congress leaders would face punishment and people would get justice
- That in a helicopter scam, a big secret-keeper Christian Michel has been brought to India and is connecting all the dots
- That some people will take their corruption allegations against the government to the highest court of the land and the law will give them a clean answer that whatever has been done has been done with complete honesty and transparency
WATCH: Surging India | Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Keynote Address At The Inaugural Republic Summit