- Piyush Goyal spoke about several welfare schemes for the poor which are aimed to bridge the divide between rich and the poor
- He said that previous governments made only empty promises, whereas his government worked to bridge the urban-rural divide in the country
Piyush Goyal spoke about several welfare schemes for the poor which are aimed to bridge the divide between rich and the poor.
"We have worked to bridge the urban-rural divide in the country. Several times in the past, only empty promises have been made, we have worked to improve the quality of life. The poor have the first claim on India's resource," he said.
READ | MASSIVE: 'Farmers With Up To Two Hectares Of Land To Be Given Rs 6000 Per Year Income Support' - Piyush Goyal Announces 'Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sammaan Nidhi' In Budget 2019
Here are the schemes he spoke about:
- To ensure cleaner fuel and health assurance, we embarked upon Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, a programme to give Rs 8 crore free LPG connections to rural households, 6 crore connections have been given already.
- The pace of construction of rural roads has been tripled under our tenure. The Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna has allocated as against Rs 2500 crore in 2018-19. We have set aside Rs 19000 crore or roads.
- We have built 1.53 crore homes for the poor Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in 5 years which 5 times more than previous government.
- Before 2014, 2.5 crore households didn't have electricity and were forced to live as if in the 18th century. Via the Saubhagya Yojana we have provided electrification. By March 2019 every family will get electricity. We have given 143 crores LED bulbs to poor families which will save electricity bills worth Rs 50,000 crore.
- We have allocated Rs 60,000 for MNREGA
- Ayushmaan Bharat is the world's largest healthcare programme was launched to provide medical care to almost 50 crore people, resulting in 3,000 crore savings by poor families
- There are 21 AIIMS established in the country presently. 14 of these have been announced or started after 2014. I am happy to announce the 22nd AIIMS will be established in my home state of Haryana.
- People have benefited from reduction of prices in health care costs including medicines, stents, knee-implants etc
READ | Budget 2019 LIVE UPDATES: 'Interim Budget' With Potential 5-year Impact Beckons As Piyush Goyal Tables Modi Government's Election-year Vote-on-Account