Honda Activa launches a one of its kind, #ActivIndia campaign during the election season to encourage more and more people to cast their votes to make a difference. It prompts the citizens to realize that they are the ones who can give the “desh chalane ka license” - the license to run the country.
Republic TV and Honda presents #ActivIndia - A movement by Activa in its special edition will have a panel of experts who will be talking about the most burning issue of democracy - voters and voter percentage in the upcoming general elections. The panel consists of K Mahesh (IAS Officer, DM East, Government of Delhi), Alok Kumar (President, Federation of Apartment Association, Ghaziabad) and Dr. Rikab Chandra Jain (Founder and President, Indian Voters Association).
The panel discussed how voting can incentivized for youth and first-time voters who have a negative outlook regarding politics and democracy. The politicians should focus on the youth voters and try to add incentives like better education policies and employment opportunities for them to actively participate in a system that they are losing faith in.
The Election Commission of India has taken initiatives for ensuring maximum youth turnout by innovative ideas. The selfie-crazy Gen Y can have a photoshoot right outside the polling booths and there are cash prizes for the lucky winners. The panel of experts however believe that since, the age of voting eligibility is reduced, the voter education should also start from the schools.
There have been initiatives taken to provide awards and incentives to voters to encourage more voters to come out and contribute towards making India a true democracy.
Social Media has created a major effect on the youth; however, it should be used more efficiently by the administration as well to create more awareness among people about elections and voting.
Young voters account for more than half of the voting population, making them a powerful political force. Youngsters should realize that their vote is what makes the democracy a success. “Desh tabhi chalega, jab vote karega”- A country runs efficiently only when its citizens vote in large numbers.
Here’s how you can support #ActivIndia -
1. Pledge to Vote : Visit www.hondaactivindia.com & join the #ActivIndia movement
2. Set SMS reminder: Select your polling date on the website and get reminded a day before.
3. Join the movement through missed call: Just give a missed call on 9870500111 and support the #ActivIndia movement by taking a pledge to vote
4. Frame your pledge: Show the world your customized pledge frame and spread awareness.
5. Spread the cause: Upload your pledge certificate on social media and ask your friends and family to take the pledge too!
6. Every vote counts: Ensure two votes are cast for every two-wheeler. Ride to the polling booth with a pillion.