The elections are almost at an end now, but the activists are leaving no stone upturned to ensure that the voter percentage breaks all previous records. As the last phase of the “festival of democracy” comes near, there is an outbreak of more initiatives that are taken to spread awareness about elections and voting.
Honda Activa launches a one of its kind, #ActivIndia campaign during the election season to encourage more and more people to cast their votes to make a difference. It prompts the citizens to realize that they are the ones who can give the “desh chalane ka license” - the license to run the country.
The citizens of Ahmedabad organized a scooter rally across the city to spread awareness about the upcoming elections and the responsibility to vote. They believe voting is a very small, yet significant contribution one can make to bring a change in the entire country. It urged people to take along a friend or family member with them when they go for casting their votes on their two wheelers, so that #KoiSeatNaJaayeKhali - no seat remains empty.
Gujarat was carved out of the 17 northern districts of the large State of Bombay in 1960, when it was under the rule of Congress, much like the other parts of Bombay. Ever since, the governance of Gujarat has been dominated by the national front runners like the Indian National Congress and Bharatiya Janta Party. Gujarat is one of the very few states in India to have ever had a female Chief Minister and one of the states to have been under President’s rule for the greatest number of times.
India’s most trusted two-wheeler brand, Honda’s #ActivIndia is an initiative to spread awareness about the right and responsibility to vote in all parts of the country. It is a call to every young individual out there to realize how important each vote is and urges them to contribute to the reshaping of the nation’s government.
Here’s how you can support #ActivIndia -
1. Pledge to Vote: Visit www.hondaactivindia.com & join the #ActivIndia movement
2. Set SMS reminder: Select your polling date on the website and get reminded a day before.
3. Join the movement through missed call: Just give a missed call on 9870500111 and support the #ActivIndia movement by taking a pledge to vote
4. Frame your pledge: Show the world your customized pledge frame and spread awareness.
5. Spread the cause: Upload your pledge certificate on social media and ask your friends and family to take the pledge too!
6. Every vote counts: Ensure two votes are cast for every two-wheeler. Ride to the polling booth with a pillion.