Honda Activa launches a one of its kind, #ActivIndia campaign during the election season to encourage more and more people to cast their votes to make a difference. It prompts the citizens to realize that they are the ones who can give the “desh chalane ka license” - the license to run the country.
The citizens of Ahmedabad organized a scooter rally across the city to spread awareness about the upcoming elections and the responsibility to vote. The people of Gujarat believe that the people should understand the importance of each vote. It is a very small step yet the difference it can make is huge.
Gujarat, ever since its formation has been through a tug of war between both the flag bearing parties of Indian politics. The people of Gujarat have always actively participated in political activities, including elections. However, there is a need to spread awareness to a larger stratum of the society so there is a larger voter turnout in the upcoming elections. The voter turnout in the 2014 General Elections were recorded at 63.7%.
One of the major problems faced during the elections is the lack of proper transportation. With India having one of the world’s largest two-wheeler riding population, Honda has proposed a fresh thought to all the voters. Honda is asking every two-wheeler rider to pledge that #KoiSeatNaJayeKhali. Ensure that your pillion seat doesn’t go empty when you ride to vote. Ride with your friend, relative, neighbour etc. on pillion & ensure every two-wheeler rides two votes to the polling booth!
Here’s how you can support #ActivIndia -
1. Pledge to Vote: Visit www.hondaactivindia.com & join the #ActivIndia movement
2. Set SMS reminder: Select your polling date on the website and get reminded a day before.
3. Join the movement through missed call: Just give a missed call on 9870500111 and support the #ActivIndia movement by taking a pledge to vote
4. Frame your pledge: Show the world your customized pledge frame and spread awareness.
5. Spread the cause: Upload your pledge certificate on social media and ask your friends and family to take the pledge too!
6. Every vote counts: Ensure two votes are cast for every two-wheeler. Ride to the polling booth with a pillion.