Honda Activa launches a one of its kind, #ActivIndia campaign during the election season to encourage more and more people to cast their votes to make a difference. It prompts the citizens to realize that they are the ones who can give the “desh chalane ka license” - the license to run the country. The #ActivIndia campaign, in no time, has inspired over 4.4 million people who have already taken a pledge to vote in the upcoming general elections.
The youth of Ludhiana organised a Scooter rally across the city to encourage maximum participation in the elections. It urged people to take along a friend or family member with them when they go for casting their votes on their two wheelers, so that koi seat na jaaye khali - no seat remains empty. The youth believes it is a privilege that they can choose their representatives and that they should use this opportunity responsibly by casting their votes instead of sitting at home.
The voter turnout in Punjab in previous elections has mostly been among the average mark and in the previous general elections was recorded to be at 70.61%. The rally goers hope that this time there will be a much higher voter turnout and that Punjab will break records. They believe it is them who will give the “desh chalane ka license” to the most eligible candidate.
India’s most trusted two-wheeler brand, Honda’s #ActivIndia is an initiative to spread awareness about the right and responsibility to vote in all parts of the country. It is a call to every young individual out there to realize how important each vote is and urges them to contribute to the reshaping of the nation’s government.
Here’s how you can support #ActivIndia -
1. Pledge to Vote: Visit www.hondaactivindia.com & join the #ActivIndia movement
2. Set SMS reminder: Select your polling date on the website and get reminded a day before.
3. Join the movement through missed call: Just give a missed call on 9870500111 and support the #ActivIndia movement by taking a pledge to vote
4. Frame your pledge: Show the world your customized pledge frame and spread awareness.
5. Spread the cause: Upload your pledge certificate on social media and ask your friends and family to take the pledge too!
6. Every vote counts: Ensure two votes are cast for every two-wheeler. Ride to the polling booth with a pillion.