Honda Activa launches a one of its kind, #ActivIndia campaign during the election season to encourage more and more people to cast their votes to make a difference. It prompts the citizens to realise that they are the ones who can give the “desh chalane ka license” - the license to run the country. The #ActivIndia campaign, in no time, has inspired over 6.4 million people who have already taken a pledge to vote in the upcoming general elections.
The people of Mumbai, along with India’s most trusted two-wheeler brand organized a scooter rally across the city to encourage people to come out and cast their votes in the upcoming General elections. The main aim of the rally was to motivate the people to contribute to bring about a change in the country.
The politics of Maharashtra has been evolving ever since its formation in 1960. Mumbai had been a major fortress for the Indian National Congress, the city also being the birthplace of the party. The state has produced many political heads like Sharad Pawar, who has been a front runner of Indian politics in both state and national levels for nearly 40 years. Maharashtra has also been the root of parties like Shiv Sena and Maharashtra Navanirman Sena. Considering the importance of Maharashtra in Indian politics, the youth feels that there should be a high voter percentage from the state.
Honda #ActivIndia is an initiative to spread awareness about the right and responsibility to vote in all parts of the country. It is a call to every young individual out there to realize how important each vote is and urges them to contribute to the reshaping of the nation’s government.
Here’s how you can support #ActivIndia -
1. Pledge to Vote: Visit www.hondaactivindia.com & join the #ActivIndia movement
2. Set SMS reminder: Select your polling date on the website and get reminded a day before.
3. Join the movement through missed call: Just give a missed call on 9870500111 and support the #ActivIndia movement by taking a pledge to vote
4. Frame your pledge: Show the world your customized pledge frame and spread awareness.
5. Spread the cause: Upload your pledge certificate on social media and ask your friends and family to take the pledge too!
6. Every vote counts: Ensure two votes are cast for every two-wheeler. Ride to the polling booth with a pillion.