Honda Activa launches a one of its kind, #ActivIndia campaign during the election season to encourage more and more people to cast their votes to make a difference. It prompts the citizens to realise that they are the ones who can give the “desh chalane ka license” - the license to run the country. The #ActivIndia campaign, in no time, has inspired over 4.4 million people who have already taken a pledge to vote in the upcoming general elections.
The Gen Y of the city of dreams, Mumbai organized a scooter rally to go around the city to spread awareness about elections and voting rights among the people. The two – wheeler rally across the city to inspire every individual to vote ensuring an increase in the voting percentage. There have been many initiatives taken by the government and non – governmental organizations to ensure a huge voter turnout.
The people of Maharashtra came out in large numbers to vote in the elections and the final voter turnout for 48 constituencies was around 60.79%. If the people believe that every vote makes a difference, a state like Maharashtra, which is the second most populous state in India, can contribute majorly.
Honda #ActivIndia is one such initiative that is aimed to spread awareness about the right and responsibility to vote in all parts of the country. It is a call to every young individual out there to realize how important each vote is and urges them to contribute to the reshaping of the nation’s government.
Here’s how you can support #ActivIndia -
1. Pledge to Vote: Visit www.hondaactivindia.com & join the #ActivIndia movement
2. Set SMS reminder: Select your polling date on the website and get reminded a day before.
3. Join the movement through missed call: Just give a missed call on 9870500111 and support the #ActivIndia movement by taking a pledge to vote
4. Frame your pledge: Show the world your customized pledge frame and spread awareness.
5. Spread the cause: Upload your pledge certificate on social media and ask your friends and family to take the pledge too!
6. Every vote counts: Ensure two votes are cast for every two-wheeler. Ride to the polling booth with a pillion.