The elections are almost at an end now, but the activists are leaving no stone upturned to ensure that the voter percentage breaks all previous records. As the last phase of the “festival of democracy” comes near, there is an outbreak of more initiatives that are taken to spread awareness about elections and voting.
Honda Activa launches a one of its kind, #ActivIndia campaign during the election season to encourage more and more people to cast their votes to make a difference. It prompts the citizens to realize that they are the ones who can give the “desh chalane ka license” - the license to run the country.
The youth of Varanasi organized a scooter rally across the city with the aim of motivating people to contribute to bring about a change in the country. The two – wheeler rally across the city was aimed to inspire every individual to vote ensuring an increase in the voting percentage and to make sure that this time no seat remains empty – “koi seat na jaaye khaali”.
Many governmental and non-governmental organization are taking initiatives to spread awareness about elections and the right to vote. Speaking about Honda’s movement activating young India to vote, Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said “Honda has sparked a positive social change and 25 lakh Indians have already joined this social movement. India has become #ActivIndia. We urge all voters to ensure #KoiSeatNaJayeKhali by taking along their friend, family and relative to polling booth. Together, let’s make each voter socially aware & more responsible to drive the change. Show your support to #ActivIndia movement and pledge to vote by giving a missed call on 9870500111.”
Here’s how you can support #ActivIndia -
1. Pledge to Vote: Visit www.hondaactivindia.com & join the #ActivIndia movement
2. Set SMS reminder: Select your polling date on the website and get reminded a day before.
3. Join the movement through missed call: Just give a missed call on 9870500111 and support the #ActivIndia movement by taking a pledge to vote
4. Frame your pledge: Show the world your customized pledge frame and spread awareness.
5. Spread the cause: Upload your pledge certificate on social media and ask your friends and family to take the pledge too!
6. Every vote counts: Ensure two votes are cast for every two-wheeler. Ride to the polling booth with a pillion.