In a world where digital media is taking over, a lesser practised but heartfelt greeting card goes a long way in showing your loved ones your appreciation towards them. Be it birthdays, festivals, anniversaries, or birth announcements, a DIY greeting card is an apt offering along with your presents. No matter what type of card you decide to make, your friends and family will be impressed and touched with your efforts.
Also Read | DIY Diwali Lantern Ideas To Brighten Up Your Home This Festive Season
Materials Needed to Make Your Greeting Card
It is a relatively easy process and could take less than an hour when you are learning how to make a greeting card. Below mentioned are the materials you will need to create one.
- Hard chart paper of the colour you like
- T-square or a ruler
Making the Envelope
The envelope is important, and you can also make that reasonably easily with the below-mentioned steps:
- Use the chart paper and cut out a size twice as big as the size of the envelope you will need
- Fold it evenly
- Glue it or tape it together from the left and right sides
- Take the top part and fold it down to make a flap
Also Read | DIY: Follow These Simple Steps To Make Bracelets
Steps to Make the Greeting Card
Once you have completed making the envelope and collected all the materials needed, you can start by following the simple steps mentioned below
- Cut the chart paper to twice the size of the envelope you made
- Fold it evenly
- Use your stickers to meticulously stick on the top of the card
- Take some glue and apply evenly onto designated areas where you want the glitter
- Sprinkle glitter on to the glued areas
- Open the card and use the stencil to write down your greeting along with the name of the person you wish to address
- Wait for the entire card to dry up completely
- Put the card in the envelope
- Seal the top flap of the envelope
- Use the marker to write down your name at the back of the envelope
- Use the stickers and glitter as per your choosing on top of the front end of the envelope
- Your card is ready to be given to the recipient.
Also Read | Hand Made Gifts | Five Handcrafted Personalised Gifts For Diwali
Craft ideas are abundantly available, both online as well as offline, and your greeting card can be as fancy or as simple as you please. Often given on occasions along with gifts as well as on their own, greeting cards have a way of conveying messages to the desired people with minimal effort. You can choose a variety of different materials to experiment with your version of greeting cards, such as substituting sketching paper or cardboard instead of chart paper. Additionally, you can choose to personalise them by having your photographs embossed on the covers.
Also Read | Coffee: A Single DIY Solution For 6 Of Your Skin Problems