Italy is famous for its unique flavours and exquisite sea-food dishes. Whether it is a humble Egg -Yolk Ravioli or grilled meat steak, the popularity of Italian food has soared to a new height in recent years. With numerous food trucks serving unique delicacies in different styles, the Italian population gorges on a wide variety of street dishes, broadening their taste palate. One such popular Italian dish in Bruschetta. Bruschetta is an antipasto, consisting of grilled bread rubbed with garlic and topped with olive oil and salt. The much-loved Italian dish, which is usually made with brustolina grill, is often influenced by the cultures of different regions of the peninsula country. Here are a few must-try recipes of Bruschetta:
Also Read | Jain Pav Bhaji Recipe: Learn To Make One Of The Most Popular Dishes In India
- Ripe Tomatoes
- White Onion
- Fresh Basil
- Crusty Baguette
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oi
- Thick balsamic vinegar
Also Read | From Puchkas To Jhal Muri, Check Out These Kolkata Street Food Dishes That Are A Must-try
- Tomato bruschetta will always be best served during the summertime, however, its better to use cherry tomatoes in other seasons. Cherry tomatoes are considered to be the most consistent of all tomatoes.
- Most tomatoes are quite juicy. When you toss diced tomato with salt, the juice exits the tomatoes, and you can end up with a watery bowl of tomatoes.
- We don’t want soggy bruschetta, so pour off the excess juice before seasoning it at the end. This doesn’t take any extra time and produces a more flavorful and consistent end result.
- Oiling the bread ensures that both sides are golden brown and crispy. The oil also helps repel tomato juice so your toasts stay crisp.
- Once the bread is good and toasted, remove it from the oven and use a pastry brush to paint each slice of bread with olive oil. Then, using half a hunk of raw garlic, rub one side of the crusty slices down to impart some delicious garlic flavour directly onto the bread.
- Serve promptly.
Also Read | Salman Khan Paid Rs 600 Crore To Clean Dishes, Claims Himanshi; Calls BB 13 Scripted
Also Read | Coimbatore Food Guide: Places That Offer Delicious North And South Indian Dishes