Green Peas Nimona is a very famous traditional side dish of North India. The dish is generally made in winters. The dish is most famous in Lucknow and Kanpur and serves as one of best weekend lunch dishes. Green Peas Nimona goes best along with Jeera Rice and Raita. Read ahead to know about the recipe of Green Peas Nimona-
Also Read | Pesarattu: Quick And Easy Recipe To Make This Green Gram Dosa At Home
Recipe of Green Pea Nimona
- 250 grams Green peas (Matar)
- 1 cup Badi (wadi), urad dal vada
- 2 tablespoon Onion, paste
- 2 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
Also Read | Winter Face Masks For All Types Of Skin And DIY Recipes For Them
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 3 tablespoon Cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 3 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves
Also Read | Andhra Style Chicken Curry Recipe: Make Your Curry Using Traditional Spices
How to make?
- To begin with Green Peas Nimona, coarsely grind the peas in a blender using a little water and keep it aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and saute 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, asafoetida, ginger and green chillies. Add peas in the pan and let it cook on a low flame till the puree becomes lightly golden. Once it is done, switch off the heat.
- Now heat 1 tablespoon oil in another pan and golden fry the dal vadis,
- Heat the remaining oil in a broth pan and add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, clove and cook it for about a minute. Add ginger, garlic paste and onion paste and saute it on medium flame till the paste becomes golden.
Also Read | Poornam Boorelu Recipe: Step-by-step Recipe To Make This Popular Andhra Dish
- Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and coriander powder. Mix everything well and cook the spices for 2-3 minutes.
- Once it is done, add tomatoes and cook it until the oil separates from the gravy.
- Once the oil separates from the gravy, add green fried peas puree, vadis and stir for 2-3 minutes till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add 1-1/2 cup water and let it cook or 5 to 8 minutes. After 5-8 minutes, switch off the gas and sprinkle the garam masala and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve Green Peas Nimona with Jeera Rice and Lauki Raita for a weekday lunch.