Sweet Potatoes are a popular choice of ingredients in a lot of food dishes, especially with traditional foods made during festivals. Apart from the basic ones like sweet potato fries and more, there is an exotic variety of dishes that can be tired. Here are a few sweet potato dishes to try.
Exotic Sweet Potato Dishes to try
Sweet Potato Rolls
- 1 packet of active dry yeast
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup canned sweet potato puree
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Dissolve yeast, warm water, and 1 tablespoon sugar in a mixing bowl. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining sugar, sweet potato, butter, salt, and slightly beaten eggs and mix it well. Stir in 3 cups of flour and knead for about 2 to 3 minutes, adding just enough of the remaining flour to prevent it from sticking. Place in an oiled bowl. Cover, and let it rise for about an hour or longer.
- Punch down, and allow the dough to rest for 2 minutes. Divide into small balls and place on a greased cookie sheet or a flat pan. Allow it to rise until doubled.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 to 20 minutes. Serve warm.
ALSO READ | Jam Tarts Recipe: Learn How To Make This Mouth-watering Delicacy
Sweet Potato Puree Sandwich Spread
- 1 cup roasted or baked sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, drained/rinsed
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2+ tsp spice
- salt + pepper to taste
- splash of acid try lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to taste
- drizzle of oil
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or a food processor until smooth.
ALSO READ | Roasted Eggplant Recipe: Simple And Easy Way To Make This Dish At Home
Sweet Potato Corn Cheddar Fritters
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed and boiled until soft
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup roasted corn
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
- Place boiled potatoes in a large bowl and mash.
- Add onions, corn, cornmeal, cheese, paprika, salt & pepper and mix it well with a spatula.
- Roll about 2 tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place them on a dish and refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- On the side, pour enough oil into a pan with raised sides so that the oil goes up about 1/2 inch and let it heat on a medium flame.
- Take the balls out of the refrigerator and roll in breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl until fully coated.
- Once the oil is hot, place 4-5 balls at a time into the oil. Fry for about 2 minutes until golden. Remove and place them on a dish.
- Garnish with parsley and/or chopped green onion and serve while warm with your choice of dip.
ALSO READ | Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe - The Perfect Dessert For Your New Year's House Party
ALSO READ | Strawberry Jam Recipe To End Year On A Sweet And Delicious Note