Brought to you by
IRCTC Tourism Offers Train Tour Package to Shirdi from Chennai starts from INR 2760/-onwards. The Booking Details Are Mentioned Below.
The Indian Railways which stretches through the length and breadth of the country connects even the remotest places on the Indian Mainland. As an initiative to popularize the various destinations in the country, IRCTC or the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation which is an Indian Railways subsidiary, organizes package tours for domestic as well as foreign tourists. These package tours cover the important tourist destinations spread across India. It is popularly known as ‘Bharat Darshan’.
IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) tourism arm is offering a package to visit Shirdi, the famous temple of Shri Sai Baba which attracts a huge number of pilgrims. According to the Indian Railways official website www.irctc.com, the tour will be via trains. The tour package starts from INR 2,760/- and can be booked on any Wednesday.
|Package Name||Chennai-Shirdi Package|
|Tour Date||Every Wednesday|
|Duration||2 nights in train and 1 night in hotel accommodation|
|Accommodation||Hotel Saishri or similar; Standard (Non AC), Comfort (AC)|
|Train Name||22601 (Shirdi Express) Chennai Central (10:10 hrs)- Srinagar Shirdi (11:30 hrs) (Next day)|
|22602(Sainagar Chennai Express) Jammu (08:25 hrs)- Chennai Central (09:40 hrs)|
|Seat Availability||10 seats for 3 AC and 30 seats of SL|
The key things to be kept in mind for the IRCTC’s tour are as follows:
1. The tour package is inclusive of overnight hotel accommodation at Sainagar Shirdi.
2. The tour package starts at INR 2760/- for triple occupancy.
|Package Cost Per Person (in INR)|
|Single Occupancy||Rs. 3,870/-||Rs. 6,950/-|
|Double Occupancy||Rs. 2,960/-||Rs. 6,050/-|
|Triple Occupancy||Rs. 2,760/-||Rs. 5,880/-|
|Child(05-11 Yrs) with bed||Rs. 2,320/-||Rs. 5,410/-|
|Child (05-11 Yrs) without bed||Rs. 2,180/-||Rs. 5,270/-|
3. Transfers on land would be by means of a non AC vehicle, the seating of which would be on sharing basis, for both Standard and Comfort packages.
4. The package includes Darshan as well as sightseeing.
5. The package does not include any meals.
6. Additional personal expenses such as laundry, food and drinks, telephone charges, etc., are not covered by the IRCTC.
7. Camera fees (Video/Still), entry fees for activities and monuments which are mentioned in the itinerary are directly chargeable.
8. The package includes travel insurance as well as toll, parking and other applicable taxes on services mentioned in the itinerary.
According to the IRCTC website, the cancellation policy is as follows-
• Log in to your account on the IRCTC portal www.irctctoursim.com
• Select the TCN or the Tour Confirmation Number for the ticket you wish to cancel
• Proceed to cancel your ticket from the online booking history
The cancellation rules for Rail Tour Packages and Land (holiday) are as follows-
|Number of days before commencement of the trip||Total Deductions|
|Up to 15 days (excluding departure date)||Rs. 100 /- per passenger|
|Up to 8-14 days (excluding departure date)||25 % of the package cost|
|Up to 4-7 days (excluding departure date)||50 % of the package cost|
|Less than 4 days||100 % of the package cost|
Note- The cancellation of tickets is only possible on the IRCTC website and not from PRS counters.
• 4 days before the departure, the tickets would be generated online.
• As no preference for seat changes would be entertained, tourists would have travel as per their berth allotment.
• IRCTC is not responsible for any delays in scheduled running of trains, or any calamities of natural or social nature, which may disrupt darshan or sightseeing activities.