India versus Pakistan contest was a much anticipated one, building up the hype since the day the schedule was announced. On match day, the netizens had a field day as India decimated Pakistan, winning the match by 89 runs. Reactions of fans from both sides were ecstatic and funny, as they took to social media to express their feelings. Here are 10 of the best tweets during the contest:
1. Pakistan captain Sarfaraz Ahmed was mercilessly trolled for yawning in between the game, as he was keeping behind the stumps. The netizens had a laughter riot as they took to Twitter to post memes about Sarfaraz's actions. Here, this user brought together two pictures, one of Sarfaraz yawning and the other of a disappointed Pakistani fan, already famous for his reaction in a match earlier. The user drew a comparison to his work life using these two reactions. Here is the tweet:
2. Another user posted a video of a disappointed fan ranting about the fitness of the Pakistani team. He is seen talking about how members of the team were allegedly having burgers a day earlier and suggested that they should play wrestling instead of cricket. The fan's reaction made viral rounds in social media with various platforms posting the video. Here's a tweet from a user sharing the video:
3. A video of Indian skipper Virat Kohli making funny expressions emerged, leaving the netizens in splits of laughter. Kohli is seen having a conversation with Kedar Jadhav and Kuldeep Yadav, where he mimics a certain opponent, and netizens couldn't contain their laughter seeing the captain's funny expressions. Here's a tweet showing Kohli doing the mimicry
4. India took on Pakistan for the seventh time in the World Cup and extended their unbeaten run against their arch-rivals as they comfortably beat them. Taking to Twitter, netizens posted many memes that indicated the 7-0 streak. Here's one of them:
5. Pakistan's batting order put up a very weak fight on Sunday, with just Babar Ali and Fakhar Zaman contributing to the scoreboard. As the team collapsed to the might of the Indian bowlers, netizens took to Twitter to troll the trademark reply to a question at any presentation by a Pakistani captain - 'Inshallah, the boys played well'. Here's a tweet that represents the mockery:
6. The intense rivalry between India and Pakistan has a vociferous contest between fans of both the teams and Indian fans took advantage of the victory to label the Indian team superior. Here, a user posts a list of Indian faults that were gifted to Pakistan during the match, making a comparison to father gifting a son, on Father's Day. Read the tweet below:
7. Pakistan had campaigned vigorously against India since the schedule for their clash was announced. Taking inspiration from Indian TV commercials, the Pakistani media houses came up with ad campaigns that sought to establish their national side as superior to the Indian team. However, after yesterday's victory, the Indian fans started their mock fest aimed at their rivals, reminding them once again as to which team was better. One user posted a famous meme on Twitter. See it here:
8. Marketing agencies had a field day as they represented India's dominance over Pakistan in World Cups with unique and eye-capturing designs. The celebrated 7-0 streak was seen significantly present on the internet with users putting the unbeaten streak in the form of graphics. Here is one of them:
9. Pakistani fans severely criticized their team for not maintaining their fitness as compared to the Indian squad. Netizens had a laughter riot as Pakistani fans took to Twitter to slam the team for their fitness routine. Here's a tweet by a Pakistani fan:
10. Pakistan captain Sarfaraz Ahmed drew a lot of flak after his mid-field yawn. Here's a tweet from a user who compared his yawn to a famous scene from the movie 'Sanju'.
Team India will next face Afghanistan on June 22 at the Rose Bowl stadium, Southampton.