BIG: Government Says 'No Cricket With Pakistan' But BCCI Tries To Buy Time, Says 'World Cup Is Still Far Away'. Details Here

Cricket News

The CoA members mentioned that no decision has been taken on the India-Pakistan fixture, and that a final call will only be taken after consultation with the Indian government

Written By Narayan R | Mumbai | Updated On:

Ignoring the overwhelming call for all sporting and cultural contact with Pakistan to be immediately seized, and the 'no cricket' stand by two of the senior-most ministers in the government, the Committee of Administrators (CoA) has categorically said that no decision has been taken concerning the fixture between the two nations in the upcoming sporting extravaganza.

Addressing the media after the meeting of the CoA - which also included newly appointed Lt General Ravi Thodge through videoconferencing - Vinod Rai and Diana Edulji stated that they shall not respond to Home Minister Rajnath Singh's comment that no cricketing ties can take place between the two countries.

Rajnath Singh had on Friday dismissed any possibility of cricket between India and Pakistan, given the relations between the countries in the aftermath of the recent Pulwama terror attack.

"We should not play cricket with Pakistan even if we have to suffer monetary loss. This is my personal opinion that there should be no match," the Home Minister said while speaking to Republic Bharat.

Further, the two members of the Supreme Court-appointed committee spoke in details about what transpired in the crucial meet.

"First decision.....is of the email that is being sent to the ICC, which expresses the concerns of the attack that has taken place and that we are telling them that the security of players, officials and everybody else should be appropriately taken care of. Secondly, we are telling the cricketing community, that in future we must severe ties with nations from which such terror emerges," Vinod Rai said.

READ: MASSIVE: "No Question Of A Cricket Match With Pakistan", Says Home Minister Rajnath Singh Ruling Out Sporting Ties In Wake Of Pulwama Terror Attack

The CoA members then mentioned that no decision has been taken on the fixture between the two countries, and that a final call will only be taken after consultation with the Indian government.

"16th June (World Cup fixture between India-Pakistan) is very far away. We will take a call on that later and in consultation with Government. Whatever decision we will take will be after discussion with the government.....We haven't had any conversation with the players either," the duo added.

Also during the press briefing, Vinod Rai and Diana Edulji said that the opening ceremony of the IPL 2019 has been canceled, the budget of which will be provided as a compensation to the families of Pulwama martyrs.

"We will not have a regular IPL ceremony. The budget of that ceremony will be given to families of those who have been victims....." the CoA members said.

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS