- Bollywood actor turned producer Arbaaz Khan has confessed to the Thane Police that he was involved in IPL betting case
- The sources have said that Arbaaz's family knew about his addiction towards betting, and were upset because of it
Bollywood actor turned producer Arbaaz Khan has confessed to the Thane Police that he was involved in IPL betting case, and had been in regular touch with bookie Sonu Jalan. Arbaaz has been under the scanner of Thane Police ever since he was named by the bookie in the betting scandal.
The sources have said that Arbaaz's family knew about his addiction towards betting, and were upset because of it. Arbaaz and Sonu, a bookie for D-company, are said to have had meetings at the producer's residence.
READ: Arbaaz Khan Involved In A Global Cricket Betting Scam?: 10 Things We Know So Far
During the questioning, Arbaaz has confessed to losing Rs 3 crore from the betting, the sources add. Further, it has been revealed that he has been in contact with Sonu since past six years, and has been placing bets since then.
READ: Rajeev Shukla Reiterates BCCI's Words In Betting Scandal. Here's What The IPL Chaiman Said!
The Bollywood star reached the Police station at around 11:10 am on June. He was confronted by the media, but he headed straight into the station with the officials.
READ: WATCH: Salim Khan's Angry Reaction To Questions On Arbaaz's Alleged IPL Betting
Here are the following revelations which have come out from the questioning of Arbaaz and Sonu, as per sources.
- In his statement to the Police officials, Arbaaz Khan confessed that he did betting through Sonu Jalan, and lost more than Rs 3 crores.
- The actor/producer also revealed that he has betting since last six years. In the IPL 2018, he lost Rs 2.75 crores, but won many matches through Sonu.
- During the interrogation, he also said that for the last 6 years, he was in touch with Sonu Jalan, but he does not remember who was the bookie who fixed a meeting with Sonu.
- The family saga was also brought in, after it was found out that the Khan family knew about Arbaaz's his losses in betting, and were upset about his addiction to betting.
- It was found out that the threat to Arbaaz's life was genuine, as Sonu would use the support of D-company and gangster Ravi Pujari to recover money. The bookie had previously also used them to make threat calls to builders and businessmen who refused to return the money.
- Another major revelation was the confirmation of another personality from Bollywood being involved in the crime. Film producer Parag Sanghvi is also said to have placed bets in IPL. He will be also called for questioning.
- Arbaaz and Sonu used to meet at the Bollywood star's residence.
- Sonu stunned the Police officials after revealing the name of a senior Police official who had role to play in the betting scandal. He also stated that the officer had a close proximity with him.
- The bookie has also claimed that he paid in excess of Rs 10 crore to a Sri Lankan cricketer back in 2012.
- CBI had earlier raided the residence of Sonu Jalan in a bribery case. This when his name surfaced in the bribery case against former JD of Enforcement Directorate.
- Mumbai Crime Branch Sources say Sonu had paid bribes to an IPS officer to evade arrest. In his interrogation with CBI, he admitted that he was running an escort service for an IPS officer in Mumbai.
READ: WATCH: Arbaaz Khan Arrives At Thane Police Station For Questioning
Sonu will be produced at Kalyan court after 2 pm in relation to this case.
READ: IPL Betting Case: D-Gang Bookie Sonu Jalan Names Senior Mumbai Cop