Royal Challengers Bangalore will be desperate to register their maiden win of this season as they host Delhi Capitals at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium on Sunday. The Bangalore franchise have had a lacklustre season so far having lost all their five games before. Therefore, they will be eager to make amends against Delhi for adding the first two points in their tally.
Both Bangalore and Delhi will be heading into this contest after having lost their previous encounters. Delhi had lost their home game against Sunrisers Hyderabad by five wickets on Thursday while RCB were also handed a five wicket defeat by KKR on Friday.
Here's a look at some of the factors that will make this an interesting contest:
1. Can 'King Kohli' end RCB's unimpressive run?: RCB skipper Virat Kohli will be hoping that his team will finally get off to a winning start on Sunday. Kohli has had a hot and cold form with the bat. Nonetheless, he made his bat do the talking in the last game against KKR where he had scored a splendid 49-ball 84 at a strike rate of 171.43 which helped RCB post a huge score of 205/3 in their 20 overs. However, it was not enough in the end as Andre Russell played a stellar knock to take KKR over the line.
2. Head-to-head records: RCB have an overall advantage over Delhi when it comes to head-to-head records. In the 22 matches that both sides have played in the entire league, RCB have won 15 of the matches while Delhi managed to win only on six occasions. RCB also enjoy a 6-3 victory margin while playing at home.
3. Rishabh Pant's cameo: The 21-year old wicketkeeper batsman will be eager to prove a point or two against RCB. Pant has so far managed to score 178 runs in five matches at a strike rate of 179,54.
4. Sheyas Iyer's contribution with the bat: The Delhi skipper has been getting starts but at the same time has been unable to convert them into a good knock. He will be hoping to make the most of a good opportunity at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium on Sunday's battle.
5. The ABD factor: The Bengaluru fans will be hoping for yet another electrifying innings from AB de Villiers. The former South African skipper has enthralled one and all in the last two games that have been played in Bangalore. He had scored an unbeaten 41-ball 70 against Mumbai Indians and a superb 32-ball 63 in the last game against KKR.