Delhi Capitals will be eager to avenge their reverse fixture loss when they host a resurgent Kings XI Punjab at the Feroz Shah Kotla on Saturday. The Capitals will be heading into this contest after a 40-run defeat to Mumbai Indians on Thursday. Meanwhile, Kings XI Punjab will look to do the double over Delhi. Punjab will be upbeat after their 12-run win over Rajasthan on Tuesday.
Here are a few things to look forward to which will make this an interesting clash to watch out for.
1. Can Punjab do the double over Delhi in the 'Northern Derby?': Kings XI Punjab will be looking to maintain their cricketing supremacy in the north by doing the double over Delhi. They had successfully got the better of Rajasthan Royals twice in both their home and away fixtures. Both Delhi and Punjab are in the top four. Delhi are at the third position while Punjab are at the fourth position. Both teams have an equal number of wins/ losses and points but Delhi are ahead due to a superior net run rate. Nonetheless, a win for Punjab will help them in getting past Delhi.
2. Will Sam Curran make an impact once again?: Sam Curran had a dream IPL debut against Delhi Capitals in the reverse fixture. Curran surprised one and all with his match-winning spell. He dismissed the well-set Colin Ingram who was threatening to take the match away from Punjab. He then took the wicket of Harshal Patel as Delhi were staring down the barrel. When he came into bowl the final over, he castled Kagiso Rabada in the first ball which meant that he was on a hat-trick as he had scalped Harshal Patel on the final ball of the 20th over. He completed his hat-trick after he castled Sandeep Lamichhane as he helped his team register a 14- run win.
3. Head-to-head records: KXIP have a 13-9 win record against Delhi in the 22 matches that have been played between both sides. However, Delhi have a 5-2 victory margin in the 10 games that have been played in their backyard.
4. KL Rahul's heroics: Punjab will once again be hoping for an electrifying start from KL Rahul. The stylish opening batsman has been anchoring KXIP's innings and has gone on to play a few match-winning knocks as well.
5. Will Rabada make the ball talk?: Delhi Capitals will hope for a fiery spell from Rabada which will help the home side get some early breakthroughs and put pressure on the opposition. Rabada will aim to keep the KXIP openers on their toes.n