Mumbai Indians will be hosting Royal Challengers Bangalore at the Wankhede Stadium on Monday. The three-time champions will be eager to overcome their four-wicket loss to Rajasthan Royals on Saturday and make an impact in the points table. Meanwhile, RCB will be heading into this contest after registering their very first win of the season against Kings XI Punjab by eight wickets.
Here's a look at some of the key factors that will make this an interesting clash.
1. The clash between India's captain and vice-captain: The skippers of both Mumbai and RCB are Team India's captain and vice-captain respectively. 'King Kohli' will be up against his deputy the 'Hitman'. Both have been India's big match-winners for a long time. However, on Monday, the two will compete against each other on the field. The Kohli-led RCB side will be looking to avenge their close loss in the reverse fixture against Mumbai.
2. Can Mumbai overcome Alzarri Joseph's absence?: Mumbai Indians once again find themselves in a spot of bother as the young West Indian fast bowler Alzarri Joseph is likely to be ruled out of the IPL due to a shoulder injury. He injured his shoulder while fielding in the game against Rajasthan Royals. According to the sources, Joseph has a tear in his right arm, which he dislocated while diving on the field. The Antiguan speedster had a dream IPL debut as he had picked 6-12 against Sunrisers Hyderabad to register the best bowling figures in IPL history.
3. Head-to-head encounters: Mumbai have a massive advantage over RCB when it comes to head-to-head records. In the 26 matches that both sides have played, Mumbai have won 17 of them while RCB have registered nine wins. Mumbai also hold an 8-2 advantage in the 10 matches that have been played in their backyard.
4. Hardik Pandya's entertaining knock: Hardik Pandya has been keeping the spectators oon their feet with his outstanding batting in the middle and death overs. He has mastered the art of playing the 'Helicopter Shot' nicely and the Mumbai fans will hope for yet another stellar knock from this young all-rounder.
5. Will AB de Villiers make an impact at the Wankhede?: Mr.360 AB de Villiers will look to make the most of the Wankhede wicket on Monday. The former South African captain had played a match-winning knock of an unbeaten 38-ball 59 at a strike rate of 155.26 which included five boundaries and two sixes.