Delhi Capitals will be hosting the defending champions Chennai Super Kings at the Feroz Shah Kotla stadium on Tuesday. Both teams will be looking to keep their winning momentum intact. CSK come into this game after registering a seven-wicket win over Royal Challengers Bangalore while Capitals will be oozing with confidence after their comprehensive 37 run win over Mumbai Indians at the Wankhede stadium.
While both teams will be looking to add two more points in their tally, here's a look at some of the key factors in this north vs south rivalry.
1. Can Rishabh Pant keep it up?: The 21-year old wicket-keeper batsman has been making an impact for Delhi since the past two seasons. He had a good season last year where he had amassed 684 runs in 14 matches which included a century and five half-centuries at a strike rate of 173.60. He continued his splendid run by scoring an unbeaten 78 in 27 balls on Sunday against Mumbai Indians at a strike rate of 288.88 including seven fours and seven sixes. It went on to be a match-winning knock and Pant was adjudged 'Man of the Match'.
2. Will Harbhajan Singh be CSK's match-winner again?: The veteran Indian off-spinner made an impact when CSK had locked horns with RCB in the season opener. The 38-year-old picked up three wickets for 20 runs in his four overs. He broke the backbone of RCB by accounting for Virat Kohli, Moeen Ali and AB de Villiers as RCB never recovered from their early jolt and were bundled out for 70. Bhajji won the 'Man of the Match' award for his impactful performance against RCB.
3. CSK's Superior head-to-head record: The two teams have faced off each other in 18 games with the three-time champions having the upper hand by winning 12 games while the rest six games were won by Delhi. The 'Yellow Army' also leads Delhi with a 4-2 margin at the Feroz Shah Kotla stadium.
4. Talent Vs Experience, Pant Vs Dhoni: It will be a clash between the stumpers when Rishabh Pant will be pitted against his idol MS Dhoni. While Dhoni is in the twilight of his successful Cricketing career, Pant is a promising youngster with a bright future.
5. The Raina threat: Raina will be pumped-up after becoming the first batsman in IPL history to score 5,000 runs in CSK's previous encounter against Bangalore. Even though he could not stay out in the middle for too long, the 'Chinna Thala' will be eager to go out all guns blazing and play a quickfire innings for his side.