Kings XI Punjab will be hosting Delhi Capitals at the IS Bindra Stadium on Monday. Punjab will be looking to bank on home advantage for their second consecutive win while Delhi will be aiming for a second away win. Both teams head into this contest after emerging victorious in their previous encounters. Punjab had got the better of Mumbai Indians by eight wickets on Saturday while Capitals overcame a spirited Kolkata Knight Riders by three runs in a thrilling Super Over on the same night,
Here's a look at a few factors that will make this 'Northern Derby' an interesting contest.
1. Prithvi Shaw's sensational batting:Youngster Prithvi Shaw finally came back to form on Saturday night against Kolkata Knight Riders. Chasing 186, the U-19 World Cup winning captain anchored Delhi's run chase with a superb knock of a 55-ball 99 at a strike rate of 180.00 which included 12 boundaries and three maximums. He fell short of what would have been a well deserved match-winning century. Nonetheless, his knock was good enough to take the game right down to the wire which ultimately ended in a tie. The promising Mumbai batsman will be hoping to repeat the same heroics and go one step further against Punjab.
2. Ravichandran Ashwin: Ashwin will look to be among the wickets against Delhi on Monday. The Punjab skipper has only picked up one wicket so far in the ongoing edition. His only wicket came against Rajasthan Royals when he castled his opposite number Ajinkya Rahane. The veteran off-spinner was involved in the 'Mankading' controversy last week and he will be hoping to put that aside by picking up some crucial wickets.
3. Head-to-head records: Kings XI Punjab hold an edge over Delhi in terms of head-to-head records. Out of the 22 games that both teams have played Punjab have won 13 while Delhi have won on nine occasions. Punjab also enjoy a 5-1 victory margin over Delhi while playing at home.
4. KL Rahul: Rahul finally made his bat do the talking against Mumbai Indians. The Punjab opening batsman scored a brilliant unbeaten 57-ball 71 at a strike rate of 124.56 which helped his team cross the finish line and register their second win in the competition.
5. Chris Gayle's aggression: Punjab will be hoping for a 'Gayle Storm' once again at Mohali. Last week was a memorable one for the 'Universe Boss' as he broke two records. Against Rajasthan Royals, he became the fastest batsman to score 4,000 runs in IPL history. He also became the first batsman in IPL history to hit 300 sixes in the last game against Mumbai Indians where he went on to score a blistering 24-ball 40 at a strike rate of 166.67 which included three boundaries and four maximums.