Delhi Capitals will be locking horns with two-time IPL winners Kolkata Knight Riders at the Feroz Shah Kotla stadium on Saturday. Delhi will be aiming to end KKR's resurgence who are currently on top of the points table. KKR, on the other hand, will be aiming for their third straight win at the Kotla. Delhi lost their previous encounter against Chennai Super Kings on Tuesday by six wickets in the penultimate over while KKR registered a 28 run win over Kings XI Punjab on Wednesday.
Here's a look at a few important factors that will make this an exciting contest on a Super Saturday.
1. Shikhar Dhawan's return to form: Dhawan has been very impressive in the last two matches that he has played. He scored a crucial 36-ball 43 at a strike rate of 119.44 against Mumbai Indians. This eventually went on to be a match-winning knock as Delhi got the better of Mumbai by 37 runs. He was also impressive with the bat in the last game against CSK where he scored a 47-ball 51 at a strike rate of 108.51. The Delhi franchise will be hoping that 'Gabbar' maintains this consistency level against KKR.
2. Andre Russell's power-hitting: The star West-Indian all-rounder has made a mark for himself in the ongoing season. He first helped KKR pull off a victory from the jaws of defeat against Sunrisers Hyderabad with an unbeaten 19-ball 49 at a strike rate of 257.89. He continued his splendid form against Kings XI Punjab on Wednesday with a quickfire 17-ball 48 at a strike rate of 282.35. He was also excellent with the ball as he scalped his West-Indian team-mate Chris Gayle early to put Punjab in a spot of bother.
3. Nitish Rana's impressive batting: Nitish Rana has been among the runs in the both the games he has featured in. He scored a superb 47-ball 68 against SRH at a strike rate of 144.68. He was also outstanding against Kings XI Punjab on Wednesday where he scored an excellent 34-ball 63 at a strike rate of 144.68. Rana will be looking to repeat his stellar performance against Delhi.
4. Head-to-head records: KKR have an advantage over Delhi in head-to-head records. In the 23 matches played between both sides, KKR have registered 13 wins while Delhi have won on nine occasions with one game being abandoned. KKR also have a 5-3 advantage over Delhi in the eight games that have been played.
5. Sunil Narine: He has been KKR's biggest weapon so far. While he bamboozles the best batsmen with his spin, he also helps KKR by scoring a bulk of runs in the Powerplay overs as a pinch-hitter.