Rajasthan Royals will look to register their second win on the trot when they host a confident Delhi Capitals at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium on Monday. Both teams will be heading into this contest after having won their previous encounters. The Royals had won their last game against Mumbai Indians by five wickets on Saturday while Delhi had also got the better of Kings XI Punjab by five wickets on the same day.
Here's a look at some of the key factors which will make this 'Northern Derby' a must watch clash.
1. Watch out for Rabada and Dhawan: Rajasthan Royals will have to tackle Kagiso Rabada'a fiery spell and stop Shikhar Dhawan from providing a perfect start to the Capitals. Rabada kept Punjab's scoring rate in check with his 2/22 in four overs at an economy of 5.75. Meanwhile, 'Gabbar' provided a good start to Delhi's run chase. He scored a match-winning 41-ball 56 at a strike rate of 136.59.
2. Will Steve Smith play yet another captain's knock?: Steve Smith was appointed as the Rajasthan captain before their match against Mumbai Indians. Smith obliged by anchoring Rajasthan's run chase and playing a match-winning knock. He played a vital knock of an unbeaten 48-ball 59n at a strike rate of 122.92. His knock helped the Royals get past the finish line.
3. Head-to-head encounters: Rajasthan have an edge over Delhi when it comes to head-to-head encounters. In the 18 matches that both sides have been involved in, Rajasthan have registered 11 wins while the rest seven games have been won by Delhi. The Royals also have a 4-1 advantage in the five matches that have been played at Jaipur.
4. Will Rishabh Pant make his bat talk?: Delhi Capitals will be hoping that one of their star players Rishabh Pant makes an impact with the bat. It has been a while since the young wicket-keeper batsman has played an important knock for Delhi. The youngster has so far managed 258 runs in 10 matches at a strike rate of 171.76 which includes a solitary half-century.
5. Can Ajinkya Rahane rediscover his rhythm?: The former RR skipper will be looking to rediscover his rhythm after having a hot and cold season. Rahane has so far managed 213 runs in nine games at a strike rate of 130.67.