- Rohit Sharma started with Deccan Charges in the first season of the IPL.
- Rohit Sharma has won four IPL titles with Mumbai Indians which is the most in the league.
Rohit Sharma, famously known as ‘Hitman’ of the Indian cricket team is also one of the most successful players in the Indian Premier League history. His IPL career began with the first season of IPL in 2008 when he was selected for team Deccan Chargers (DC). Rohit Sharma made a mark in the final match of the second season when he took a hat-trick and scored 26 runs in the last over and lead Deccan Chargers to their first trophy in 2009. He played for Deccan Chargers until 2010, after which the team was disbanded. After that, Rohit Sharma was bought by Mumbai Indians at the player's auction, and since then he has displayed remarkable performances in the league.
Also Read | Rohit Sharma Bats For Rhino Conservation, Will Launch Rohit4Rhinos
Rohit Sharma was signed up by Mumbai Indians in the 2011 auctions. In 2013, Rohit Sharma replaced Ricky Ponting as the captain of the Mumbai Indians. The team went on to win their first IPL title under his captaincy. Mumbai Indians also became the first team to win 100 matches in the IPL recently. As a captain, Rohit Sharma has led the Mumbai Indians in 104 matches, of which he has won 60 and lost 42 with the remaining two being draws. Check out below for statistics and records that Rohit Sharma holds in the Indian Premier League.
Also Read | Shastri On Kohli-Sharma Rift: Why Would Rohit Hit Five Tons In WC?
Rohit Sharma’s IPL Records:
- Rohit Sharma is the only captain to win four IPL trophies. Under his captaincy, the Mumbai Indians has won the IPL titles in 2013, 2015, 2017 and recently, in 2019.
- Sharma holds the record of most runs for Mumbai Indians in the IPL- 3732 runs.
- He has also taken a hat trick in the IPL for Deccan Chargers in 2009 season.
- Rohit Sharma is the third leading run-scorer in the IPL with 4898 runs in 188 matches, after Virat Kohli (5412) and Suresh Raina (5368), who stand at number 1 and 2 respectively.
- Rohit Sharma has hit 194 sixes in the IPL, which is fourth-most by a player in the IPL.
- Rohit Sharma has scored most 50s for his team with 28 half-centuries.
- Rohit Sharma is the most successful captain in the Indian Premier League with 58.65% winning percentage. This includes the 4 titles that he has won.
Pictures of Rohit Sharma with his IPL trophies:
Also Read | Follow Rohit Sharma On These Social Media Accounts To Know Him More
Also Read | Ravi Shastri Downplays Alleged Rift Between Virat Kohli & Rohit Sharma