Sunrisers Hyderabad will be hosting three-time champions Mumbai Indians at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium on Saturday. Both teams will be looking to continue their splendid run in this tournament. The two teams will head into this contest after having won their previous games. Mumbai got the better of Chennai Super Kings by 37 runs on Wednesday while SRH beat Delhi Capitals by five wickets on Thursday.
Here's a look at a few factors which will be essential in making a good contest between these two quality sides.
1. Watch out for the Afghan duo: The Afghan duo of Rashid Khan and Mohammad Nabi have been making an impact for the 'Orange Army' ever since they have been roped in by the franchise a couple of seasons ago. Both played a crucial role in SRH's win over Delhi on Thursday. Khan castled Delhi skipper Shreyas Iyer who was looking to take Delhi to a good score. Meanwhile, Nabi also chipped in with two big wickets of Shikhar Dhawan and Rishabh Pant. He also took two catches and finished the game for Hyderabad with the bat.
2. Will Rohit Sharma find his mojo?: The Mumbai Indians skipper has been struggling to make his bat do the talking. Sharma has only managed to score 107 runs in four matches at a strike rate of 130.48. He will be eager to find his mojo when his side face a dominant SRH.
3. Warner-Bairstow opening stand: This has been the best IPL opening stand of this season. The dynamic duo of David Warner and Jonny Bairstow have put on three consecutive 100 run partnerships. Even in the last game, they had put on a 64 run opening stand. The Mumbai bowlers will have their task cut out as they try to decode this opening partnership.
4. Head-to-head records: Hyderabad hold an edge over Mumbai Indians in the overall head-to-head records. Out of the 12 matches that both teams have played, SRH have won seven while Mumbai have won on five occasions.SRH also enjoy a 4-2 victory margin over Mumbai while playing at home.
5. Hardik Pandya's excellent form: Pandya was the star for Mumbai on Wednesday against Chennai Super Kings. He played a splendid cameo of an eight ball 25 at a strike rate of 312.50. He also contributed with the ball by picking up three wickets at an economy of 5.00.