Rajasthan Royals will take on Royal Challengers Bangalore at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium on Tuesday. Both teams are currently languishing at the bottom of the points table as neither of them have succeeded in registering a win so far. Rajasthan and Bangalore have played three matches each and will be heading into his contest with a hat-trick of losses. Both the struggling teams will be hoping to make amends at Jaipur by registering their first win and adding two points in their tally.
Here are a few things to look out for in this clash of the 'royals'.
1. Who among Kohli and Rahane will snap their team's winless streak?: The skippers of both the teams have had nothing to be happy about as their respective teams are placed on the bottom of the points table. Rajasthan lost their previous encounter against CSK by eight runs on Sunday whereas, RCB had suffered a humiliating 118 run loss against Sunrisers Hyderabad on the same day. Both the captains also failed to make their bats do the talking on Sunday. Kohli could only score a paltry three runs in 10 balls during RCB's high pressure run chase while Rahane was dismissed in the second ball of the Rajasthan innings without troubling the scorers.
2. Head-to-head records: Rajasthan Royals enjoy a slight advantage over Bangalore in terms of overall head-to-head records. In the 19 matches that have been played so far between both sides the Royals have won nine of them while RCB have won on eight occasions with no outcome in one game. Both teams have equal rate of success at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium with three wins each in the six matches that have been played.
3. Can Jos Buttler make a statement?: RR's premier opening batsman Jos Buttler has been struggling to get going since the last couple of matches. The Englishman had scored a fluent 43-ball 69 before he was 'Mankaded' by Punjab skipper Ravichandran Ashwin. Since then his bat has been silent as he could manage only a meagre 11 runs in the last two games.
4. Will AB de Villiers put up an entertaining performance?: AB de Villiers had taken the Mumbai Indians bowlers to the cleaners last Thursday. He had scored a blistering unbeaten 41-ball 70 at a strike rate of 170.73. However, he failed in the last game against SRH when it mattered the most as RCB were chasing a mammoth target of 232. He will be desperate to make up for it with yet another entertaining knock on Tuesday.
5. Sanju Samson: The 24-year old Kerala batsman will be hoping to make the most of this clash and look to get some runs under his belt. Samson had scored an unbeaten 55-ball 102 at a strike rate of 185.45. However, he was dismissed very early in the last game against CSK where he could manage to score only eight runs.